Did you buy the DLC - USA civ? Future of civs for AOE 3 DE - Africa and Beyond

A thread of appreciation for AoE 3 Devs for bringing the USA even if it’s not the most necessary civ to be added in game but the quality was good except the unit voices.

Did you buy the USA dlc?
  • Yes
  • No
  • Maybe

0 voters

With the coming of another expansion pack (African Kingdoms), how many civs do you think should there be in AoE 3 DE? If with enough funding and interest of the community, should we have the same number of civs as in the Wars of Liberty or even more (adding Napoleonic Wars and even Polynesian)?

What should be the optimal total number of civs for AoE 3 DE?
  • 20-25
  • 30-35
  • 40-45
  • more than 50

0 voters

I really want to see @AussieDrongoBBQ discuss about what civs shoud be added in the game beyond Africa. Thanks all and enjoy the latest patch for AoE 3 DE.

9 Likes

I wont get it because the civ is too immersion-breaking and out of place, also it looks boring that it just mashes up different traits from euro civs. My AoE3 is the original civs, incas, swedes and the upcoming african civs.

I want 20-25 civs in the game, i think that is just enough which is why i don’t want lazy civs that are just clearly fan service without fitting the timeline.

9 Likes

I bought it. The civ is awesome, I dont care about the historical timeline arguments, and it’s only a few bucks that goes towards more content and support down the road.

23 Likes

I bought USA to know its weaknesses and strengths because it’s necessary to know them when you play against them . My hype is for upcoming african civilizations . I hope we get another expansion in 2022 .

8 Likes

i am a little confused why i am not able to choose 25-30 surely makes more sense than 30-35 and esp compared to 40-45 (honestly i cant even possibly start to imagine what factions to find to come close to that).

1 Like

American modern style is not eligible to be added to my collection,
I like to discover the meaning behind the era, such as exploring ancient legends, looking at the world, pirates and treasures, the conflict between the new world and the old age.

America should belong to the next Age of Empires series

5 Likes

I think the better options would be:

• 20-30
  • 30-40
  • 40+

40 would be perfectly fine. 50+ would be a huge exaggeration.

3 Likes

6 African civs + 4 Asian civs + 4 European civs + 3 American rev civs + 2 North American natives + 3 South American natives + Polynese = 23 civs

17 present in game civs + 23 new civs = 40 overall civs

2 Likes

m time to cheese 1v1 ranked

Here is my big-efforted review of the DLC for any ‘maybes’

1 Like

Same here.

Despite what some think effort was put into this civ. People just want to complain and hate on America. Whatever.

8 Likes

Since there’s an opportunity to obtain the civ for free, I am currently doing the challenges. So ‘maybe’ is the best option I could pick.

I will however definitely buy the African-themed DLC.

1 Like

We should focus away from civs and actually make epic campaigns

2 Likes

No,

It isn’t AOE3 anymore, the game now is just applying AOE3 skin with arbitrary setting.

2 Likes

I bought a USA dls. I liked the new nation in the game

8 Likes

25-30 option is missing, I would vote for that one.

• Brazil

• Gran Colombia
    ^ They opened that door so now they should go all the way, every ‘theme’ had at least 3 civs, so those 2 should complete the American after-colonial set

• Zulus

• Ethiopia

• Hausa

• Persia

• Poland

• Italy

• Mapuche

I didn’t buy btw, I just like completing challenges…and I’m cheap, if I can get something for free legally I won’t spend a cent on it.

4 Likes

Epic campaigns sounds good with co-op mode.

2 Likes

I dont think thats fair, specially when personally i always though the game had a lot missing, and more civs would fill that role. I know making unique civs is more work but I think they can manage to have a bigger roster of civs

2 Likes

They have already created Sweden and Inca out of AOE3 principle, US is just more and more serious.
May be they will create some more strange units in the future, but this is not fun to me.

2 Likes

It’s great to see lots of players are supporting the game by buying the DLC even if there’s a free event. To more AoE 3 DE, content cheers everyone :slight_smile:

Don’t worry you still have AoE 3 classic for purists if you have Steam - No Sweden, Incas and other future civs beyond USA.

4 Likes

I have played that more than 10 years ago.