Difficulty Level condition tips

There isn’t much documentation regarding the Difficulty Level condition in the scenario editor, so I thought I could give a couple tips regarding that condition.

The Difficulty Level contains two inputs: the Difficulty Level and the Inverse Condition checkbox. When the Inverse Condition box is unchecked, the effect will go off at said difficulty level and easier. When the Inverse Condition box is checked, the effect will only go off on more difficult levels. For example, take a look at the screenshot below:

The Display Instruction effect will only happen when the scenario difficulty is Standard or Easiest. When the Inverse Condition box is unchecked, then the Display Instruction effect will only occur on Moderate or harder difficulties.

Now, you might be wondering if it is possible for an effect to go off at only one difficulty. The answer is yes, it is possible, thanks to the Condition Joiner condition (aka the AND condition). Say that you want to an effect to happen only at Moderate difficulty. To do that:

1. Create a Difficulty Level condition with Difficulty Level set to Moderate and Inverse Condition set to unchecked.
  2. Create a Condition Joiner condition
  3. Create a second Difficulty Level condition with Difficulty Level set at Standard and Inverse Condition set to checked.

You trigger should now look something like this:

1 Like

Hi

I hope you can help me.

I am creating a campaign that is really simple, just a causeway with extraordinary defenses, Human holds one side of the huge map, and 4 AI’s on the other side, I have already given them all the buildings they need, please 99999 in resources (all four of them) plus about 250 attack units each. (Plus fetoiras and 20 relics each for continued resources

I want them to continue creating more units and continue crashing against my defenses…

Normally they attack hard until they run out of the primary units, but they only attach little by little… unless I play them as a regular map and set them in the highest level of difficulty, however as a campaign I can only choose Low, regular, or hard, but I want them on something like “Insane”

Could you help me?

When it comes to campaigns, there are only three difficulty levels. If you want to play on other difficulty levels such as Extreme, then you need to play your campaign as a custom scenario.

Thank you

I was just hoping that it was a way to make my enemies to attack continuously, but I guess I am going to have to play it as a scenario, not a campaign.

You need to know how to script the AI, it’s not only about triggers and difficulty selection