Digital Deluxe Edition Items Feedback - Extremely Disappointing :(

Mhhhhhhhh… the sweet taste of consoomer tears x]

3 Likes

It does look like a rushed hack job. What’s weirdest these elements have no tie to actual development, can’t see justification why these elements wouldn’t be polished and robust on release day.
That’s too bad!

I’d mostly buy it for amazing digital art, expecting like 40-60 4k-8k artworks that can be for example- printed and hanged on the wall. Having like one good wallpaper… I can use PS and make wallpapers.

1 Like

I think it is the worst deluxe edition ever… ’
My disappointment is at the maximum!

2 Likes

Thing is, im sure this is in the separate artbook they’re selling.
But the fact the digital art compilation is a single jpg is pretty damn disappointing.

2 Likes

I’m not convinced there will be a lot of art prints in the companion book either. It’s advertised as only having four exclusive prints.

I am disappointed from the soundtrack as well, I was expecting one track for each faction including every peace and battle music from each age.

3 Likes

Do you already have the soundtrack?
Lol it seems youtube might be superior in that regard.

1 Like

Yes, the soundtrack was the only reason I got the deluxe.
While still a good selection, it misses a huge ton.
I mean the entire HRE Theme (battle and peace) is condensed into ~7min, while on youtube the peace music alone is 22min

Yeah I really liked the progression of the music through the ages.
Kind of a shame they didn’t have it in the official soundtrack.

2 Likes

Cashgrab done successfully

2 Likes

Eh I think the soundtrack is fine tbf. (could have had more in it but quite often soundtracks just ignore ingame music at times which makes youtube superior almost all the time)

The lack of craig mullens art is pretty damn infuriating though.

1. Main menu
  2. Chinese Theme
  3. Campaign music or French without battle theme
  4. Mongols
  5. Rus (only track that goes on for over 10min…)
  6. English
  7. Delhi Sultanate
  8. HRE
  9. Abbasids
  10. Lobby menu

I bought the deluxe edition just to support the creators.

On its own yes but if you want to hear HRE Imperial Music for example you are out of luck.
No wonder YouTube is superior.

The Soundtrack for Final fantasy VII Remake was perfect, it featured every track you could think of.

Thats a perfectly valid reason.
However, I think its also fair for people to complain about the rewards they were promised.

I bought the deluxe edition as part of a bundle that also included the expansions AOE2 Lords of the West, AOE2 Dawn of the Dukes and AOE3 The African Royals. Came up to $84.97; a small discount to make up for the disappointment.

It doesn’t make much sense to me. Why are crossbows good against knights, but bad against horsemen?

1 Like

Let’s face it, the game is good, but the fact that the Deluxe Edition isn’t “deluxe” at all (other aoe games already included counters info, and the whole avatar things are also added via updates, not better editions), No ranked mode, no customizable hotkeys and no scenario editor, on top of that, the game cost being that high for that, is essentially a major drawback tbh.

3 Likes

I’ve bought deluxe, but haven’t gotten around to actually checking it. Thanks for the heads up.

The art COMPILATION is a single image file. Speechless.

3 Likes