Disconnect after few minutes playing multiplayer (Problem persists after update)

This is still an issue! The game is broken! fix it! In any other game I play I have perfect ping, No connection loss whatsoever!
How hard can it be to fix this or atleast make the game somewhat forgiving to lag spikes.

1 Like

Let us know how this goes! Likewise, if you can include your Router and Modem information, I’ll be sure to get it passed along to the team with any log files you have following the sessions.

The router that I had was a TP-Link TL-WR840N. The modem, I have no idea… It was not located inside my flat. Now I got a new Modem+Router (and a new Internet Provider), but I still played no games to verify whether it is working or not. Once I get this information I will let you know.

About the files… Do you want the files contained in the “logs” folder? If these files are somehow refreshed from time to time, I am afraid mine might not be that useful. After getting frustrated with this problem, I was using the connection routed from my mobile phone to play AoE2, and it was working… So it is possible that my logs have no error in them.

Any logs you receive following the disconnect will be helpful. They should contain information that will help narrow down the problem–particularly if it’s something you experience in AoE2 but not in AoE1.

Ok. I will play some game right now and get the log file… Just to make sure… You want the files contained in the logs folder, right?

Like, in …Games\Age of Empires 2 DE\logs\ ?

Correct! You may find relevant files in one of two places:

• C:\Users<WINDOWS USERNAME>\AppData\Local\age2_x1\logs
  • …\Users<USERNAME>\Games\Age of Empires 2 DE\logs

Thank you!

1 Like

Here follows all the logs that I have: https://filebin.net/v4u81bqesof1dc2i

I have just played a new game and “unfortunatelly” I had no problems. Changing my previous router + ISP solved the problem. But please, verify if you can find something in my oldest logs… If the logs are not erased, you probably can.

I have a friend still with this same problem. If needed I can ask him if he can also provide his logs.

I would love to hear the results of his tests:

• Whether he has issues in AoE2.
  • What Modem he is using.
  • What Router he is using.
  • Whether he has issues in AoE1 (if he has the game).

That would be most helpful information as we continue to dig into the issue!

I’m having the same problem. And my friend too.

I have a o2 HomeBox 6741 which I believe is acting as a combined modem+router

Here’s my aoe2DE log folder. https://www.dropbox.com/s/rnalgl5xs57hgbt/logsaoe2DE.zip?dl=1
The most recent log is just after a disconnect. The other logs from the last two days are with a VPN, so didn’t disconnect.
Took a peek at the logs, but I don’t see how what they contain could be useful. I didn’t see anything related to multiplayer in those logs.

Going to test with AoE1DE and will post the results and logs next.

Thank you so much for this information. I have passed it to our development team for review!

So, I tried a AoE1 DE match and that did not disconnect. Was able to play to completion. I’ll try a few more, just to be sure.
Here’s my log for that: https://www.dropbox.com/s/pwvxgf5jugembou/AoE1DELogs.zip?dl=1

It’s worth noting that I have AoE1 DE on the Microsoft Store, and AoE2 DE on Steam.

I’m having the problem of disconnecting the game since the game was released.
I use the TP-Link TL-WR91ND router
I don’t know my modem model, but my ISP is NET / Claro
I had no problems in matches in Age 1 DE

2020.01.31-13.11.16.txt (6.1 KB)

Just tried playing again with a buddy. Network disconnect within 5 minutes.
Attached is the Log

Hi, can you give me permissions to upload logs? I tried to upload a .txt file (Had to rename the zip file), but I cannot upload files because I am a “new user” (but i am lol)

Can you give me privileges to upload it?

The best way to provide those logs are via Google Drive or OneDrive. Simply include the link here and we’ll get them passed along to the team!

Thank you for the files!

This problem happens to me reliably every game, both in the multiplayer lobby, or when in actual multiplayer games. If I start a new multiplayer lobby by myself and stay idle in the game lobby menu, in under 5 mins the game will disconnect and show “sorry. you have lost connection to multiplayer services”. Same error happens if playing an actual multiplayer game, in around 5 mins of gameplay` the game disconnects with similar error. And in the game menu, I can’t launch the multiplayer menu without restarting the game. This problem only started happening with the last patch.

My internet connection is otherwise stable, and I regularly play other games like FPS shooters without issues.

I don’t have AOE1 DE to test, but happy to provide further diagnostic info.

I got a few more logs for you.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1fdJwGN_x_M7zDS4K9PDYa1LlFg9g8Jss?usp=sharing

I thought it was my Internet problem but I played Battlefield 4 without any problem! It is the network problem with AoE servers. 3 months and still no fix has been issued. Just got kicked out of ranked game. This game will be dead in few months with the current condition. Dude just fix the game