Disconnect after few minutes playing multiplayer (Problem persists after update)

Im having the same issue. Can’t play multiplayer since day 1. I get disconnected after 4-5 ingame minutes.

1 Like

Same thing happening to me. It’s annoying

1 Like

If Dev want video description just go to MBL stream. He has been disconnected like 10 times already in ranked play :rofl:

2 Likes

this game is just garbage, how can someone release a game in this conditions, nobody can play the multiplayer more than 5 minutes without getting disconnected, we cant even play LAN with our friends. This is just s**t :rofl:

2 Likes

It’s not an ISP issue, I’m from south american and i am having the same problem

1 Like

THIS needs fixing like today its stupid that the only reason i got hte game is to play with my friends and we cant cause im the unlucky one to get dced every game

3 Likes

Same thing here. My friend gets disconnected after a few minutes in game, sometimes even in the lobby during the game creation phase. Really frustrating.

1 Like

For people with disconnect issues, might be worth trying this.

Go to Device Manager, network adapters and find the ethernet (or wifi) one.

- right click for properties - advanced

Disable Energy efficient ethernet (and or green energy) and Wake on magic packet. (edit: also power saving mode)

source: https://www.dell.com/community/Inspiron/Ethernet-wired-connection-keeps-disconnecting/m-p/6218797#M41064

1 Like

I have a desktop and I don’t see the power saving options… Any other ways to fix? Tried resetting network settings, verifying game files through steam… I really want to play this game with my friends (we all bought it to play together) but it always disconnects me (only me) :frowning: pls fix lol

1 Like

not sure tbh, I have a desktop as well, and I see the options under Realtek PCIe GbE Family Controller.

1 Like

Are you guys on windows 7 or 10? I´m using 7 and having the same problem, 5 minutes into a multiplayer game and then I get disconnected. Could it be windows related? The changes to the network adapter posted above dont work.

1 Like

NET/Claro here too.

I have 2 friends on VIVO that have no problem at all.

2 Likes

So I just updated to the most recent patch and I’m still getting disconnected after 5 minutes of multiplayer match

2 Likes

I have the exact same issue.

1 Like

I’m on windows 10 and I disconnect every online game around 5 minutes.

1 Like

Same here. Windows 10…Microsoft store version, just downloaded newest update. After 5-10 mins, disconnected.

How do you remaster a 20 year old game, and have problems that you didn’t have 20 years ago???

4 Likes

I am having the same issue. Has happened to me at least 3 times now. Sometimes 15-20 min into game. I have lost 3 ranked matches now because of the disconnect. It comes with no warning and the game closes out completely and I end up on my desktop wondering what happened. Very frustrating, especially with them being ranked matches and playing with friends. This needs to be fixed. Happens every 2-3 games seems like.

3 Likes

Ok so I can’t find the controller, but I found an option called ultra low power mode and it was enabled, so I disabled it. Then I created a match and after 2 minutes I didn’t get disconnected! But then I left the pc for a few minutes, and (I used the treaty timer) after less than 5 minutes I got disconnected again. This problem is so bullsh*t and they need to fix it as fast as possible (It’s already been a week since the release of the ‘REMASTER’ of a 20 y/o game c’mon)

2 Likes

Did some testing last night, it seems it is indeed ISP/Connection related, wich is weird, because I can play every other game in the market without any problem.

When I use my normal ISP I get disconnect after 5 minutes like everyone else(wired btw), but when I use my cellphone 4g connection, I never get disconnected. Its an issue between the AOE servers and some ISPs I think, they really need to fix this asap.

5 Likes

I cant play multiplayer with Ethernet conncetion. Every time i try Conecction failed after 5-10 min.

BUT I can play with cellphone as hotspot.

it might be a Ethernet Adapter issues? I got a Realtek® 8111GR on Asus Z87-K

2 Likes