Disconnect after few minutes playing multiplayer (Problem persists after update)

same issue as others, drop rate is increasing over the last few days

Hello,
I finally got around to testing Aoe 1 : DE. I don’t experience any disconnects there. I have Aoe1:DE on windows store and Aoe2:DE on steam.
I will send you the other information via PM

BdanTehAwesome,

How did you make it works?

I’ve installed windscribe here, but when a try to start age of empires 2 with VPN activated, it gives me “Network issues”, “Cant connect to live services”. ETc.

Hello,

“Error Message: You have been disconnected from the network. Please check your connection and try again”

What Network Hardware are you using?

• Wi-fi : Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC 3165
  • Ethernet: Killer E2400 Gigabite Ethernet Controller
    (the error occurs in any connection, wi-fi or network cable)

What ISP do you use?

• BBNL, India (100Mbps)

In what region are you connecting to the game?

• Bangalore, lndia

Are you using a VPN?

*** No** VPN

• (connected to a VPN, no error occurs)

Any other information about your networking that might help the team…

• Modem: TP_Link TL-WR840N Ver 6.20 (300Mbps wireless router)
  • 100Mbps internet

Legit still cant play multiplayer.
A bunch of games i just DC.
I tried a lot of VPN’s but it causes a massive lag and ruins the game for everyone.
How can you have this not fixed since November, feels like some 1-man studio is running this game.

5 Likes

It’s so sad that this isn’t fixed yet, the game was released in November for god sake :stuck_out_tongue:
People can talk all they want about VPNs, changing networks, turning off Network device power saving modes etc, but this should not be something a customer should need to do when he or she pay money for a game! All other games I play online has no issues like disconnects, so these disconnect issues are AoE2DE’s devs own problems, not mine. I should not be told to change any settings on my computer to be able to play a game online when everything else works fine, cause that would just be too stupid.

I really hope these issues get fixed within the Summer 2020, or else it just shows us how little our money and time is worth for Microsoft…

9 Likes

Thank you for the additional information. I have passed it to the team investigating the issue.

Thanks for the report! Added it to our tracking ticket!

Just got the game tried to play 6 ranked games and all of them disconnect at around 5 minutes.
I am pissed. only one of the games seemed to have a bit of lag.

fix this issue

1 Like
  • A description of the problem ->
    i played 8 ranked games and all 8 got disconnected at 5 minutes i am pissed that i can’t play
    waste of money.

• Your ISP and country ->
    Vodafone Ireland Limited

• Your Router Model/Information ->

• Your Modem Model/Information->
    hauwei hg659

• <IF YOU HAVE AGE 1: DE > ->
    Nope and not going to get it if this one has issues AGE 1 DE will not be bought

I have the same problem

1 Like

Hello,

“Error Message: You have been disconnected from the network. Please check your connection and try again”

What Network Hardware are you using?

• Ethernet : Intel® 82583V Gigabit Network Connection

What ISP do you use?

• VOO, Belgium (150Mbps)

In what region are you connecting to the game?

• Belgium, Hainaut

Are you using a VPN?

• No

Any other information about your networking that might help the team…

• Modem: Netgear CG-3700B (ISP’s Modem)

• 150Mbps internet

• I7-2700K - Asus Maximus IV Extreme-Z - 16Gb RAM - AOEII is installed in C drive which is a Samsung 850 EVO (512Gb) - GTX 1080, i play at 2560x1080

• I precise that i play AOEII in my other house, with a much older configuration (I5-750,P7P55LX,12Gb RAM,GTX770) but with the same modem (Netgear CG-3700B) with the same ISP but with 400Mbps with no issue at all (long play, 4hours without any problem)

All,

I just started playing today and I was disconnecting from every single game that I played. However, I wanted to share a solution with everyone that has worked for me. I saw a post on these forms that did not seem to get much visibility with the solution.

Open command prompt and type in this command:
“ping 192.168.1.1 -t” (do not add the " ")(this will continuously ping your router)

Minimize the window and play online, I have not had any disconnects since. I hope this helps.

1 Like

This seems to work.
Amazing!

EDIT: I tried again today with pinging my router, and disconnected, so I guess I was just lucky yesterday :confused:

1 Like

This does not work for me.

I have turned of all power saving modes on my computer and turned of the idle timer on my router/modem and that also does not work for me.
i have a ELO of 500 now…
even hosting a game online vs a AI gets me disconnected. in 5

I’m sorry mate, not sure what else you can try. This bug is very frustrating and should not be happening.

1 Like

How can a company be so incompetent? Almost 5 months to try to fix a problem and fail. They should be prosecuted for selling a defective product.

2 Likes

unfortunately, as it is a small company, there is no equal repercussion as what happens with Blizzard in Warcraft.

1 Like

I think we can’t do anything. It’s something in the code, that shuts down LAN card. Then you have no connection PC<->Router. There is a signal provider <-> router, but it looks like someone cuts your cable between PC and router. After reboot or sleep&boot internet is back on and everything works perfectly fine - except the game.

Even this Update does not solve this Problem for me.
Sometimes I can Play, even a hole game - then, out of Nothing I disconnect. Sometimes with an AOE message, sometimes with an Windows message - AOE2DE not responding.

1 Like

I’m trying to play ranked matches, using the match making. I find a match, and start to play. I am disconnected 13% of the time at any time of the game, can be after 2 minutes or 20 minutes or more. I am freezed for about 5 seconds then game is accelerated for 3 seconds, then freeze again for maybe 3 minutes until disconnection. I can’t interact with the game during that moment. If I try, game is not responding. I click several time anywhere to crash the game directly and not having to wait 3 minutes until disconnection.
I use a 4g modem because I can’t install ADSL ou fiber

1 Like