Disconnect after few minutes playing multiplayer (Problem persists after update)

nevermind, the problem just resurfaced…

FIX THIS STUFF!

I didnt pay 20€ for an unplayable game .

4 Likes

Same problem here, can’t play with friends :anguished:

3 Likes

3 of 5 friends having this problem

1 Like

Ok, so my phone “fix” using the regular ISP wifi turned out to be just a lucky streak(it was like 5 games in a row, thats why I posted) of no disconnects, but they came back. Sorry if I gave anyone false hopes, it wasnt intended at all.

Anyway, the “fix” using Phone+4g connection is working flawlessly so far, I recommend as a temporary solution until MS sorts their ****(its pathetic that they didnt yet).

3 Likes

Hello, i am from Brazil. Same issue here using Claro/NET as ISP

2 Likes

Hello, do you know how much 4g data AOE uses for a typical 45’ game?

1 Like

the problems is the other things if u open… Youtube, Streams, Discord, etc… but i played like 3 hours and was like 350mb
I tryed to not use other things, but ocasionaly i did

2 Likes

Having the same exact issue. play a mp game, approx 5-10 minutes in one of the 2 of us is dropped. sent back to main menu page with a signing into multiplayer services box to great who ever gets drop. other player keeps chugging along in game. Also noticed that steam invites bring in player to lobby, but on their pc is still in main menu page. In game invite button seems to work fine. And finding friend only games on server seems broken as well. only way to get friends into friends only game is through in game invite button.

4 Likes

Also having this issue since launch. I can’t stay connected for longer than 30 minutes, some times disconnecting after 5. I haven’t finished a MP game with friends yet, and I’m the only one out of my group this is happening to. I’ve tried both wired and wireless connections to no avail. I’m seriously considering a refund from Steam at this point.

3 Likes

For me its about 50-60mb per hour of playing(with discord on) just remember to close everything else.

2 Likes

Ta dificil em pessoal, não consigo terminar uma partida se quer no Multiplayer…
E até agora nada de solução!

1 Like

triste, desde o lançamento não consegui uma partida no multiplayer. Parece que vamos ter que pedir o refund mesmo.

This is honestly embarrasing and frustrating how do you screw up a 20 yo game, have not been able to finish a single game, it is mega slow and crashes on MP obvioulsy but even on MAIN MENU -_- thinking of getting a refund, it is just unplayable as it is, have windows 10 and an ok laptop.

3 Likes

I don’t know if this will work for everyone, but after trying all of the power saving stuff, I connected my pc directly to my router, instead of through a secondary router that is in my room, which fixed it the “dropped” and “disconnected” errors for me. We just finished an ~hour long match (one player got disconnected ;p but still xd)

same problem here, i have NET/Claro as ISP
When the Microsoft will fix this problem?

3 Likes

Same issue with me. Also in Brazil and using NET/Claro as ISP.
The interesting thing is that I can spectate without problems. Apparently it only happens when I’m playing.

I’m using the Win Store version.

2 Likes

@klnek @Fredrikko @MicSoftsucks @CaptainO5k @Chacineiro @bndepaula @KingHaruv @KneelB4ZOD99 @DayCamp18658316 @PraisedArtist47… Did u Guy hav some news about the issue?

Nope, problem still persists, Im using 4g to play multiplayer, luckly the game is not heavy on data transfer…

2 Likes

Im using that to, unfortunately is not a stable connection the 4g… And also i used to stream… and with 4g i cant do that at all… I really hope to see if they will fix that… and pleas put this at a knowed issues and in the priority list, lot of players CAN’T PLAY with that issue, also famous players and streamers cant play: like MBL and Dogao (they re disconecting too)

5 Likes

Can we have an info about this pb by admin plzzz

3 Likes