Disconnecting from Lobby, Crashing in Unranked Lobby Games

Same problem here game keeps crashing tried many lobby my ping is as low as 107

Can the problem be linked to specific servers? I.e. are there any servers known to be working or is it just randomly affecting all servers?

We tried Western Europe and EastUS without success.

This is very possible! It seems that some players are able to matchmake and play successfully while others are having issues. We’ve raised the discussion with all the appropriate teams to see whether they can narrow down the root cause of (and solution for) the issue.

I tested it with steam and ms store version on eu west, us east and uk Servers game start then freeze, lagg and crash since today yesterday was all fine!

2v2 worked fine on Western Europe as well as Western India, 3v3 and 4v4 froze regardless (Western EU, EastUS). More players seem to worsen the issue.

I had 2 lobby games (4v4 and 3v3) this morning which worked fine, but can’t say which server.

no my 2v2 was crashing mid game 3v3 and 4v4 crashes at start!
edit: 2v2 crash now direkt after start too!

Game version: 35209

• Platform (Steam)

The game starts, I can’t movew the units, but I can move my screen.
10 secs later the game crashes.

I have only encoutnered this issue today, and only in lobby browser multiplayer games. Actually after one crash I wasn’t really in the mood of playing a ranked game so I dont know if this problem is live in those matches as well…

Hi, I noticed more players having this problem, if not everyone…

Today 25.2.2020 everytime I join game, it starts normaly, I task villagers to build houses and then game starts to lag and after few seconds it completely freezes, then I can only shut it down.

Is it known issue now? I didnt have a problem last days, just from today I can play only Singleplayer.

Thanks for help.

I get disconnected after about 1 to 3min. Just freezes then disconnect from network. Does this on multiple computers. My ping with server is about 91. Has done this for 10 games in a row. No issues before the server maintenance. The game is started via steam btw.

-good connection
-good PC
-all cache files validated by steam

3 multiplayer games out of 4 just crashed.

What is going on?

I played one 2 good games and the other 10 I tried playing crashed.

Thank you! If at some point you’d be able to give us an ETA on the bugfix once you guys have worked out what’s up that would be amazing. Can’t wait to jump back into some multiplayer :smile:

1 Like

Hello everyone! Thank to those of you who have shown patience as we work to get these issues ironed out. As an update, the multiplayer servers should be working as they were before yesterday’s scheduled maintenance.

If you were experiencing new issues with the game lagging and disconnecting (within the last 24 hours, or sense the server maintenance), please let us know whether you are continuing to have issues. I will be monitoring this thread and reporting back the team, and welcome any feedback about the ongoing performance of the multiplayer servers.

Thanks again to everyone who helped us! We will continue to investigate why this happened in the first place and will use that learning to try and prevent it from happening in the future.

7 Likes

Yesterday I joined 5 unranked lobbies with 6+ players and they all crashed after start with repeated hang ups followed by extrem speed ups, till the game dropped.
Then I played 8+ ranked 1vs1 games and they all worked fine. My PC is on the low end.

same, instant crash on launch sometimes i get 4 minutes of play time. It disconnects me from the whole game but Im in the menu screen. I have to quit game and reload. Then dc some more I give up until next patch,

The problem persists since this morning …

It looks like this particular issue (related to our recent server maintenance) is resolved. Closing out this thread to avoid missing any separate issues that still exist!