[Discussion Balance]Crenellations vs Artillery

Crenellations is not op and a regicide game won’t prove otherwise

2 Likes

At normal game it’s disgusting for enemy. An I wrote “with good map” especially corners with water. And if you don’t have cannon galleon against them its hard to get in.

stop quoting me on what i didn’t say and then reply to what you create…

oh yeah, my mistake. You can of course dodge it in 1 vs 1 but you wouldn’t build BBT against BBC anyway.

i wouldn’t consider trebuchet sucking because it can only kill buildings but the ship can move (better than trebuchet) and also kill trebuchet in the mean time.

Because it costs almost double and most benefit are provided only for rams and onagers.

to fullfill its purpose

they still counter heavy armored civs (almost)

But you are saying that is unfair that Turkish BC can outrange Teuton castles with your reasoning, so then why not with the Tatar trebuchets?? they reach 19 range which outrange literally anything.

1 Like

Civilizations has special bonuses, if you don’t like them play full tech tree. Also Turks can be op but its risky. Please play as Turks first then suggest balance.

Because Crenellations doesn’t range any civ trebuchet?

Sorry but castle with outranging every siege unit is going to be sick. Also Turks has nice tech to balance other things. And also historically accurate. If you change Turks +2 to +1 its going to be worser version of siege engineers. He tried mention it’s nonsense, if you want to get a castle which can outrange everything. Why didn’t you mention Tatar treb.

but then why say Turks having BBT with more range than BBC is any relevant??

Trebs have enough pierce armour and HP they take basically take 1 damage from everything dealing pierce, while it’s not the case for cannon galleons. And you can repair them while they fire, while cannon galleons will be too far away from the shore. And anyway the situations where people use trebs against you on water maps (like the neutral islands being close enough from ur castle) are situations were making your own trebs would be faster and more convenient than getting artillery+elite cannon galleon.
Also if you need anymore proof CG suck: remember the OP Spanish CG that just sniped everything you had in the Aztec campaign? No one uses them in MP ever.

Well first it doesn’t cost stone, and secondly their BBC get siege engineers on top of the UT unlike Turks.

Its purpose is better map control and defense against normal BBC. Let’s not freak out cuz they can’t beat one BBC that is above average. It would be like saying Japanese champs are OP cuz they still beat Bulgarian sworsdmen even those have a tech which purpose is to make them beat generic champs.

How? Don’t tell me “CA” cuz then you’d be better of with Magyar, Mongol and Cuman as all these 3 have better hit and run options.

Cuman Cavalry Archers has no bracer if you tried mention Kipchaks you are right. I agree most of it. But i need to remind you must use tankier units with monks (except elephants). Unless its useless bonus. Maybe I love hp bonuses because of increasing survivability of your unit. And according to Spirit of the Law video I think Mongols is arguable.

That’s what I ment.

Unfortunately for Turks monks are too slow to keep up with CA.

You can heal at home dude. Don’t be cruel to these old religious mans. Don’t expect them to run as horse speed.

Since when in common sense, a siege weapon gets destroyed by buildings?

It’s a siege unit, it’s supposed to destroy buildings.

Might as well add Darth Vader to Teutons because Teutonic Knights die to archers

2 Likes

By his logic then even the fortress and similars of AOE3 should outrange artillery, or Towers should outrange catapults in AOE1.

Because artillery gives them enough range.

and you can move cannon galleons into a safe position easier from land attacks.

but doesn’t take away from the fact that it costs more than UU to elite upgrade

Thus my title :slight_smile:

… no for janissaries huge base attack.

Literally what crenellation does is range generic bbc

Also Bombard Cannons and Trebs supposed to outrange Fortifications. I think generic bombard cannons cant outrange teuton castle is nonsense but it must be in the game.

Yes, but if it ranges trebs, nothing will safely destroy a castle.

That works well for the sake of balance

Who asked it to range trebuchet? Stop listening to FurtherLime.

Need more proof? You literally said this

Sorry but Turks weak in game. Janissaries has good stats but slow fire rate and less accuracy. And also its easy to counter. Just send skirms and Hussars. They can die at same numbers but they are trash send more.

Man, you don’t understand sentences, read to whom i reply and why i wrote that

i don’t mind a buff for them but not in the siege area