[Discussion Balance]Crenellations vs Artillery

Sorry but Turks conquered City of the World Desire. They can have bonus in that area. Also if we try to buff Turks we give bonuses from Trash not Siege.

Me knows two words. Git gud.

Just because Turk BBC outragnes Teuton Castles, doesn’t make it’s strong.
BBC generally sucks (except countering Longbows)

Also, your sentence still implies you wouldn’t mind them getting a +2 against trebs

1 Like

Actually they can be a good alternative to onagers due to its range, if you use the Fast imperial with Turks, they are deadly.

As a siege unit, I mean
But you’re right

You really enjoy spamming?

We can go on for days but here you go:

Nowhere does it imply you don’t like the idea

Also to quote myself:

2 Likes

At Age of Empires 2 DE folder there is Tools_builds folder. In that folder there is advanced genie editor. Open it and make your own imbalanced game with adding Teutonic knight to Cobra car speed.
I think you could find better ideas instead of this.

2 Likes

And the castle attacking the opponent base from +256 tiles

Actually never knew where it was honestly. Thanks

1 Like

You are welcome. I love devs which is adds modding tools inside of game folder.

2 Likes

Also adding free DLCs inside a game remaster.
Like, that’s not common at all.

2 Likes

Yes. Yes. Oh, yes please. I love playing as Tuetons, and adding Darth Vader to the death ball is the last piece of the crown.

I mean, I wouldn’t mind 22 range castle, ETKs as fast as Woads and Paladins that dont take bonus damage from Halb/pike/spears.

Can we make their farms cheaper too? 40 Wood is too much, maybe 15?

Lol, I actually, honestly think Teutons are in a good place right now, and it kinda make sense for cannon to outrange arrowfire.

Also, ironically, despite his fear of Turk cannons, Turks actually are a terrible civ atm.

If you make their BBC pointless against Teutonic castles, might as well give no damn about balance anymore

Lmao, really? I am discussing the idea of Crenellations that can range bbc, not what Further thinks i am discussing about Castle ranging trebuchet or whatever he is hyperbolizing, using a straw man argument.

Okay, i am going to be serious. Every civ has Capped Ram. (If a ■■■■ castle outrange your siege you need to go for ram). They can destroy castle but teutons has strong melee units to fight. So you can’t reach castle(s).
And what is the point of B.Cannon. and treb.

Teutons don’t need the buff, and Turks don’t need the nerf. There is no reason to change it.

4 Likes

Let’s say you didn’t mean ranging trebs

Why Turk BBC should suck against Teuton castle?
Are Turks that strong of a civ in your opinion?

2 Likes

I already answered you. What is the point of Crenellation?

I also already gave you a response: To make up for the lack of Bracelet and outrange generic BBC

2 Likes

What is the point of artillery? Glorified expensive siege engineers

3 Likes

Why not Turks?

It is because they are gunpowder civ and not siege civ

Because they’re the gunpowder civ