[DLC concept] The Wealth of India (Bengalis & Tamils)

I support 1 new indian civ and revamping the current indian civ.
Or removing the current indian civ and adding 2 new ones.

Because otherwise the civ designs would be redundant i.e the fish and villager bonus.

2 Likes

Iā€™d just love to see more representation of Arabic and African factions too before we reach the limit of the civs total.
Focussing alone on Asia would be a mistake, hence we donā€™t need 3 or 4 Indian civs - especially considering that people would still like to see civs like Tibetans, Jurchens and Siamese included as well.

Sounds like a more reasonable approach.

dunno which part of community you are considering as ā€œpeopleā€ but a large portion of it wants atleast 3 indian civs

6 Likes

Lol not at all. We are just tired of European civs.
At this point, any civ from any other part of the world could work.

3 Likes

are you representing all of the community ?

1 Like

Ah so you are not active on the forums.
Gotcha.

1 Like

well dont know about the rest but you certainly not represent me, szaladon or the one who made this post

2 Likes

This should tell you something:
[POLL] Would you like more European civs? - Age of Empires II: DE / II - Discussion - Age of Empires Forum

1 Like

this pole doesnt say anything about adding new indian civs

1 Like

But it DOES prove my point about the community wanting anything thatā€™s not European and they want it from all over the world. Just read the replies.
Nobody wants 3 indian civs if that means civ slots are going to be wasted. And I say ā€œwastedā€ because there is a cap for new civs.

1 Like

there is already 1 indian civsā€¦ adding 2 is not a waste

1 Like

We literally have something like 4 slav civs but having 3 Indian civs is too much?

11 Likes

exactly my thoughtā€¦ they get triggered when there was only one slavic civā€¦ now they complain when we want the same

3 Likes

Lol what are you talking about. People are getting jumpy because the slots are capped.
If burgundians and sicilians didnā€™t exist, heck I would support 4 indian civs in total. Those taken their places. Come on, you should be reasonable.

1 Like

i just dont want to see bengalis and tamils speaking hindi while they were totally different in language, culture and ethnicity ā€¦ just like the slavic community wanted for themselves

6 Likes

I feel you, bro. Well, I still think burgundians and sicilians are a mistake.
And they better make poles and bohemians very, very, very unique or else Iā€™m going to be pissed.

4 Likes

hopefully they will from what we can see in the screen shots

2 Likes

This poll has a lot of issues, not mentioning that it doesnā€™t differentiate between having a cap on new civs nor if Caucasus counts as European nor if weā€™re talking about the next or even further future DLCs (if we get any).

1 Like

No disrespect. But who asked you to crop out Bangladesh, Nepal, Bhutan, Pakistan and potentially Afghanistan? Also did you maintain the scale of map? Iā€™m surprised to see India is so big when compared to Europe.

1 Like

If we have a limit of letā€™s say 48 civs, that still leaves us space for 2 Indian civs

Just look at this:

Indian DLC:

• Tamil
  • Bengal
  • Persian campaign

African DLC:

• Kanem Bornu
  • Swahili/Hausa
  • Turk campaign

American DLC

• Chimu
  • PurĆ©pecha
  • Maya campaign

Caucasian DLC

• Georgians
  • Armenians
  • Slav campaign

Thereā€™s still one extra civ slot you can use anywhere else. Works just fine.

Itā€™s not my map. Itā€™s just to give a general idea. I didnā€™t meant to offend anybody. India is really big. The Mercator projection gives the impression that land masses near the equator are small. Thatā€™s why the size of Africa, South America and India is often underestimated. You need space for one billion people.

7 Likes