[DLC concept] The Wealth of India (Bengalis & Tamils)

I have never seen someone added this before. I personally won’t like to see Saracens umbrella broke into pieces like AOE IV did with Abbasid Dynasty. Pretty sure AOE IV just tried to avoid the same civ name of AOE II as much as possible. Breaking Slavs to Rus, Saracens to Abbasid Dynasty, Indians to Delhi Sultanate and then boom, instead of Teutons it is neither Holy nor Roman not even an Empire.

Id like to see a civi which would have a uu that throws a spear like the skirmishers.after 22 years we still lack a skirmisher looking uu.

4 Likes

Genitour doesn’t count? Because it is on horse?

Rather nice proposal, I like it :slight_smile: I especially appraise the effort to make some uniqueness in bonuses.

Still the bonuses sometimes overlay with already existing ones which denies the argument against more European civs like “they are overlaying!”.

But if any DLC will be inspired by those designs I will buy it.

3 Likes

Its a cavalry unit what i like to see is a foot unit.

The biggest portion does not even get a damn, because they do not visit the forums. To me - India seems dull, and 1 indian civ is fine. I’d much rather see more american and asian (Georgians, Tibetans) civs than indian civs. And those Indian cultures are probably as different as Chinese dynasties, even though we still have just 1 chinese civ.

2 Likes

How would more american civis be better than indian civis?

4 Likes

another ignorant westerner… again you dont speak for all of the community

Also Georgians are considered European not asian

Tibet is an indian civ, they have culture and language like indians… just because they have small eyes dont mean they are chinese. Basically you are trying to cancel an indian civ with another one lol.

Also we have 3 American civs… if they want to add more they can just add 2 more

2 Likes

If they want to make bengali voice they can hire me lol

2 Likes

It would feel very awkward to me to hear my voice within a video game 11

Bengals would be great as new civ.

2 Likes

We wouldnt know its you speaking as the swiss pikeman :wink:

1 Like

lol we faced a same issue while making karnatas in dharma mod… one of us gave the voice lines 11 … then he told it felt awkward so we continued with google translator lol

1 Like

Isnt it better to have realistic voices if its recorded well?

I don’t really understand why some people are against someone who came out just with idea. People like this game and shares their idea that’s all.

I personally never heard of Bengalis nor Tamils, so it will be fun if they would get into the game and explore at least small part of their culture. I never heard of Khmer before Rise of the Rajas and thanks to this game I could explore some of their history. [ Although, I saw Sandys interview and he said that Khmer were known for good navy while in game water is their weakness. But afterall it is just game ]

I think origin of devs has nothing to civilization picking. Only 2 expansion were focused around the world and next were around theme - Africa, Southeast Asia, Central Asia and due to Microsoft policy 2 civs per Western and Eastern Europe and those 2 fully european expansion are like 1 made before.

Here is interview with lead developer of AoE II DE. He share his thoughts what he consider to add new civilizations.

edit: Like really, instead arguing here yet again, can we just appreciate OPs work.

9 Likes

I think they look at the original scenarios as well,joan mongol and most of barbarossa campaigns now have correct civis added.

Your argument is literally “I am personally unfamiliar with this civilization, so I don’t want to see more of it. I only want to see things I am already familiar with it.”

This forum is amazing for the number of people who are so confident about their ignorance.

8 Likes

I think that’s partially true. If civilization that they are adding can replace other in campaign to make it more historically accurate that’s even better, but I think that is not main reason to add new civs. Like for example if they replace Slavs with Bohemians in first Barbarossa campaign, nothing in reality has changed, because still there was only one Slav civ in mission anyway.

I don’t get why civilisations being relatively unknown means that they are"bad picks". It makes people more interested in the History of that particular region.
Did anybody give da*n for the Cumans ?

2 Likes

I think that only applies to Burgundians.

Also, this definitely doesn’t apply to Genghis Khan campaign. Just take a look at the first scenario again.

One civi from the first civi is now tatars second and third unchanged from 4th cumans and slavs are added earlier they were goths and mongols.5th will have poland and bohemia for original teutons and last hungary which was originally teutons are now magyars.its the most changed one of them all.