Do developers know that the Mongols do not allow eating fish if they have other sources of food?

But you just said that if they got the deer bonus they would be broken on maps that doesn’t have water … lmao

I don’t understand what is the base of your point , are you saying they they should have a better deer rate but then you say that it would give advantage?

I don’t understand…

I’m saying they should have better deer rate but not able to fish, as a way of balancing not being able to fish

But dude that would let mongols useless on water maps , but would be so good for mongols on land , I think it would be more of a buff because mongols are currently dominating the ladder .

Mongols are so rare on water maps but they would be fkd just because “historical accuracy” , mongols are already the most asymmetric civ , they don’t need to be more imo

They don’t need a buff , they need a nerf , I would let the game as it is

I would instead give cheaper boats and a unique military boat , giving mongols the early game naval power and letting them to sink others ships without fishing

I’ll give you that, and as I said in my previous post this is a lower tier issue.

However mongols already suffer heavily on water, and I would not likely choose them for a water map. I feel this is accurate though, I don’t remember learning about the great fleets of the mongols.

I would love to see historical accuracy but if it would affect balance I wouldn’t suggest it, I just feel like not being able to fish can be balanced out.

As an example, are you familiar with the Japanese civ in Age of Empires 3? They’re fully vegetarian, but gain gather bonuses for farms and berry bushes, as well as a unique “orchard” building, why not do something similar for the mongols here?

Edit: mongols also have infinite sheep spawn already, so this wouldn’t be hard to do

Edit of the edit: Japan in age 3 is also one of the stronger naval factions, not being able to fish does not really affect this at all

1 Like

The mongols are also the Yuan Dynasty for China

1 Like