Do NOT buy this DLC

Reddit, streams and youtube channels has also been very positive towards the whole DLC, including variants, ever since they changed the name from Army of Sultan and Jade Empire.

Most of the people who left the game did so shortly after it first came out (partly because buggy), but it was a standard game drop-off. That happens almost every single game release, playerbase has been going steady for a long time now.

1 Like

youtube is positive but reddit got its bitter taste with the memes reactions

I don’t really consider the memes to be bitter, the comments and polls have been very positive, and the memes are largely very light-hearted.

Don’t confuse these two cases.

Ayyubids is a very valid name that few people complain about.

Zhu Xi’s Legacy is an equally bad name, I say worse, as “Empire of Jade”. But now the good people have the weapon “they’ve already answered you and made a change. Why do you ask for more?”

consider the comments inside those posts

I just meant, ever since they changed those names, there has been almost 0 complaints barring like a half-dozen people on this forum. Before that name change, it was outcry everywhere, after it - nothing.

This have nothing to do with what we are talking about but as always you are trying to find just about everything to try and justify your weak arguments no matter how untrue some of them are as proven several times by me and others on the forum.

Again with the lies! You are so desperate to find anything to back your silly arguments but it’s failing miserably.

Pretty much all the comments on the meme posts are just people memeing with more memes.

Because Ayyubids is a valid name.

And few people know about or care about Chinese history. Sad truth.

Because even the defenders cannot find a single reason why Zhu Xi’s Legacy is a great name, or better than other alternatives.

The thing with Jeanne d’Arc is that the name is too narrow. But at least it describes what the “civ” does.
Zhu Xi’s Legacy does neither.

I’m not saying it’s a great name or civ design. I’m just saying that since they changed it basically no one complains about it anymore, the vast majority of vocal players are fine with it.

I personally am not a huge fan of the civ, but it’s also not to the point that it is detrimental to the DLC, it’s more kind of a meh thing.

I don’t think it’s detrimental or I want to boycott the DLC either. But if they do the same next time I’m not sure. And I hope they fix it over time.

I’m simply mad at people using the sophism of “you are using China to fight…” when others are suggesting very, specific improvements on historical details that do no harm (eg names).

Fair, though most of those suggestions where I would argue back are people that are arguing for hyper-realism changes that drastically affect gameplay. Kind of like that recent ram post asking basically do completely redesign the battering ram.

Thank you. I’ve been harping on this since the very beginning.

Really boggles my mind how you can market a game as being historically friendly but not provide something as basic as a compendium that every previous AoE had where people can learn about history. AoE2s is a treasure trove of information. AoE3s got too poltical.

Pretty apparent it was nothing more than a marketing tactic used to draw history buffs in.

Whether justified or not, this is one of those things where people will point their finger at the presumed esports focus and make a connection. Of course, we don’t know why but that won’t stop people from speculating.

I mean, apart from AoE3s campaign I’d say AoEIV is no more centered around history than any other AoE title.
although I’d also say AoE3 campaigns are offset by the number of historical references in cards, especially with 3DE.

1 Like

Hello everyone! It’s always encouraging to see people invested in their favorite games and ways they can be improved upon and there’s a lot of great feedback in this thread already.

Debate and criticism are always welcomed regarding the games. However, personal attacks about others—whether it’s people in this thread, Insider Program members, or the development team—do not create a conducive environment to host such debates.

Remember that all content posted on the forums needs to follow the Code of Conduct and Terms of Service, and not be created with the intent to provoke or flame anyone else. We’re all here to build this community up, not tear it down.

For those of you who have expressed interest in the Age Insider Program, you can find out more information here.

In the future, please keep discussions on-topic and be respectful of your fellow community members.

9 Likes