Do we get a patch? | Everyone is frustrated

Yeah. You touch on a going point about the one thing that not many mention when comparing to AoEII to AoEIII and that is how AoEII campaigns are superior to the child-esque fictitious story of the black family. I think if the AoEIII campaign was grounded in real historical events it would have done much better. The historical battles are a nice touch here but we need more.

AoEIII has more room to expand to draw players in. It can definitely be successful as long as Microsoft is willing to invest in it. I’m strictly a SP player who has never touched multiplayer so for me I want the devs to focus on that experience with more campaigns, civs and improving the AI.

12 Likes

There wasn’t any patch because of the ongoing tournament (ESO Global Championships) so releasing a patch here wasn’t logical.

7 Likes

Yeah indeed, I feel the same. The release was basically a beta version.

1 Like

Regarding the long-time since the last bigger balancing patch:
I am okay with the wait time, since I am hoping they are hard at work for the DLC.

If the next patch/PAX East comes without any announcement or reveal towards the African Factions DLC, I’d be really disappointed. But for now I will remain optimistic, hoping for more content soon.

AOE2 next DLC’s released date was already set ages ago (August 2021), I hope AOE3 follows suit.

2 Likes

Just saying here that I personally would love to play the game but have disconnects (lobby and quicksearch) after 1- 15 minutes of play since the last server maintenance. None of the solutions provided by support helped me yet and they are still “investigating”. So yeah, literally unplayable for me. There is probably also a silent playerbase who has similar issues and just quit for good

1 Like

When i say that devs should orient a civ to a certain type of play i am stating that the devs did that to some civs but not to every civ.

Regarding Ports the problem is that, like spain, the devs had an idea for the civ in 2006. Ports would be a Turtle only civ, while Spain would be a Rush civ.

However the meta and the game quickly demonstrated that Ports as a turtle civ wasnt playable (to the fact that sammy had to make a tutorial on the water boom), and spain wasnt on par with most civs like russia or ottomans.

Spain was then a FF civ and Ports was always nerfed each time that they were able to have a FF strat.

With DE and the logistician Spain is changing to a Colonial Play civ with very good results. The logistician is the bonus that is not mentioned in the civ description and will be the meta.

But Ports? The devs put them all over the place. A gathering bonus, a TP XP bonus, a logistician bonus for rushing (which is unusable), a TP upgrade bonus, while not improving their water boom (which is now worse than Japan and Spain) and not solving the artillery problem (lack of falconets forces going to industrial). With all these disconected bonuses Ports dont feel as a coherent civ (as Ottoman, Japan, Dutch or Russia).

My proposition is just to allow a nice FF for Ports, with bonuses directed for FF or late game play. While reworking the Logistician for a nice colonial play.

The Single player experience in AOE III is simply bad - hence new players just abandon. Historical battles are nice, but they end too fast.

In contrast the AOE II campaigns are awesome - they are long and complicated and have a more focus on history.

Make new Civs and new campaigns, remove the bugs and people will come. People come to the Multiplayer only if they like the Single Player (cause this is not a sport).

7 Likes

That’s definitely a welcome change

Brits have felt sleeper Op for a while ngl, super versatile civ and can get very good age up times

I wonder how hard

Really? Port of all civs? Surprising, also the fact that they said hard, this means the devs think ports are better than brit and Sweden?

2 Likes

Ports is top tier right now. I’d personally nerf their turtling capabilities.

7 Likes

Yes, remove CM card for him, they are very strong with sea or tp’s, but need a few buff for the start, or better military shippings

2 Likes

Port 10/10 needs to get deleted from the game. The amount of tempo and the quick Age up should never have been possible. The amount of greed Port players get away with is too much. Colonial Militia also needs to get a hard nerf for Portugal. We have seen so many games where Portugal doesn’t build any units until Age IV and simply rely on CM card.

Svea Lifeguard should have been nerfed a long time ago, Torp HP, cost and gather rate needs to get nerfed.

2 Likes

Imagine asking for an entire civ, and a legacy one at that, to be deleted.
AoE3 is a competitive joke, trying to balance it is pointless, get your own preferred civ deleted instead.

2 Likes

10/10 is OP strat guy, CM is incredible OP for this civ, but, of course, then need buffs, I say buff shipments (military, add vills, add more ressources…), revert the last eco nerf…

2 Likes

It is the only viable Land build Ports can do, though.
Missing Falconet means you cannot FF to any effect, and having most of your upgrade cards in Age 3 and 4, means you also lack Colonial play.

The only thing literally holding Ports together on Land, is an OP build, because they are a very poorly thoughout civ from design.
Even on Water, they miss A LOT of important Ship stat cards, and are wholly dependant on the safety the extra TCs bring.

Ports are REALLY poorly designed, but they are not unsurmountable, or OP like the Swedes or the Japanese are.

1 Like

Hunting bonus should be halved in age1 and made full in age2

CM should increase the cost of minutemen when you call them a second time.

2 Likes
2 Likes

You can also cav semi ff and if you semi ff successfully you could even consider going up to age 4 and pressing the free wi- I mean Peru revolt, I still highly doubt ports are more powerful than other civs they’ve nerfed.

1 Like

It is still poor design.

From a gameplay perspective, Ports are gimmicky, and from a historical perspective, they are just wrong.
The devs could do much better.

1 Like

I agree they could definitely do better, there are quite a few ideas from your new thread that I like especially giving them falcs.

1 Like

And giving the OGs to the Brits, where they belong, and would have a role of replacing Skirmishers.

1 Like

I dont understand. You want to take from a turteling civ their ability to turtle? Lucky that you are not one of the devs then xD

Hunting bonus has to do with the problem of VERY HEAVY FOOD CIV. You either make vils cheaper or you give the hunting bonus. Otherwise you cant compete with anyother civ.

CM is fine, the only problem is the 10/10 with the TP line - which can be nerfed IF you take 50w BUT give other res. like more food.

Yeah 15 years later the devs would change their mind hahahahahaha reduce the cost of Organ guns and its fine.

If people request all these nerfs how will ports get the food to go age IV?
Also Peru is not free win… at least at my level.