Do you guys think developers is giving their best?

I answered you in another thread about this, conduct a dialogue somewhere in one place.

1 Like

No, Sorry dude Dow3 It was a really bad game. The main reason of this failure has been the bad graphic+MOBA elements.
I was a fan of Dow1&2 and Company of Heroes too.

Peoples are worries because they were expecting something different from Relic: they made the best ww2 RTS:Company of Heroes.

Dow3 has bad graphic? Wtf?

1 Like

Absolutely yes, very far from the DOw2 or Company of Heroes 2.

Who are we to tell them that they aren’t giving their best effort to make this the best game possible? If I was one of the developers and reading comments like this that would indeed make my hard work difficult to keep motivated in the many years of work that follows when making a game like this.

The developers sounds very excited whenever they talk about the game, and I’m sure most of them want to give their best effort. How Microsoft is willing to handle this is another matter all together in terms of the resources etc given to Relic.

And let’s not doom Relic over a bad game, remember they have done good games in the past as well, we are always fast to forget the good games and only focus on the 1 bad game they done like their other work is irrelevant.

Continue give constructive feedback, they listen and they prove that they do but don’t expect them to change the whole game because you don’t like everything about it. Beta should be around the corner.

5 Likes

Also forgot to add in my post earlier: I think the campaign content will be really really good, If they’re going to be as good as what they’ve described and showcased, we might be getting some top tier SP RTS content.

3 Likes

This Is One of the comment from the the Dawn of war reddit

"Most people don’t actually play the multiplayer part of RTS games these days. 90% of people found that it’s the single player rts game, and fewer and fewer RTS developers and publishers are catering to us. The Total War team learned this in Shogun 2 when they made an excellent most balanced multiplayer ever with a huge focus on multiplayer being integrated into the game, and then like less then 10% of the player base used any of it.

Other than Star Craft and a few rare rare examples whenever people mention a famous or awesome RTS series they are almost always talking about the single player campaign. No one talks about Tiberian Suns multiplayer. No one talks about Command and Conquer 3’s multiplayer even though they pushed that hard. What was memorable about them is the setting, the characters, the acting, and the cheese.

When people talk about total war it’s their epic single player campaigns and all that interactivity.

Relic is the latest in the line of RTS developers chasing the “professional” rts train cancer that will kill you. I can almost guarantee you if you go back and look at marketing and sales results any and all games sold as super competitive rts games nose bombed because 95% of the player base doesn’t give a toss other than an odd game or two with friends.

Grey Goo was an excellent single player experience and so close to getting that old school vibe back to RTS games, but then they had to go the whole e-sports meme and the single player suffered crashed and burned.

A lot of people are saying the RTS genre is dead, and that’s only true because developers keep making ■■■■ RTS games. Relic’s games have gotten progressively worse the more and more they chase the fabled e-sports players who will make their game super mega rich and successful. Your just the sucker who fell for the bait again and it’s never going to happen.

Where are RTS games made for me? I don’t want to play some super hyper competitive e-sports themed moba game. I want an amazing single player rts and if there is budget a rudimentary multiplayer so I can have an occasional fun match.

The vast majority of the best RTS/Strategy games out there today have a focus on single player. Total War has had amazing sales. Xcom is doing great. Civ is successful. Endless Legend and Endless Space. Stellaris and paradox whole line of strategy games.

It’s the biggest of the rts developers chasing the fabled golden goose of e-sports.

■■■■ multiplayer in the expansion. Focus all your efforts on delivering one kick ■■■ global campaign total war style and you will have all the monies. People will stick around for full rosters and all armies to duke it out ect.

I feel like I’m talking crazy pills that no one has noticed this.

To any rts/strategy developers out there. STOP chasing e-sports. Your never going to make it happen and that’s not even what your audience wants".

More comments here

I Think developers are doing their best but there’s a lot of pression on them and It seems they are going a bit far from what people were waiting for the next AOE installment. People didn’t forget the AOEO failure.

3 Likes

Well to be fair it looks like Relic does put a huge focus on singleplayer experience when it comes to AoE4. With the campaigns they made as well as you being able to play in skirmish mode by yourself again.

2 Likes

Back in 2017, leading up to the release of DoW 3, people made the same complaints about DoW 3 graphics that they make about AoE 4. I think that DoW 3 is objectively beautiful, but it is a divergence from the grim dark that we’ve come to expect from Warhammer 40’K.

DoW 3 had some real readability problems though as a result of the bloom, and special effects. The readability isn’t as bad as AoE 3 DE, I don’t think, but it was still pretty bad.

The emphasis on heroes and hero abilities (sometimes referred to as MOBA gameplay) was also a problem for some, including me. I think if they had toned down the special effects, nerfed the heroes, and increased the cost of the titans, the game would have been a lot better.

The campaign was bad though. There was no saving that. Dawn of War 2 probably has my favourite RTS campaign and DoW 3 did not live up to my expectations.

1 Like

DOW3 looks really beautiful though. I don’t understand why people claim that it was bad because of the graphics.

3 Likes

Nope, They have the means to make AoE4 a realistc graphical masterpiece , but they would rather try to cash in on the Cartoon Fortnight craze that is rampant amungst the todlers.

again? was this removed at some point, or just a deature that has always been part of the series?

yeah, sure :smiley: sometimes I wonder what age some people are :

I mean I like the cartoon style too. If a game goes for realism the graphics will usually look outdated after a couple of years because the standard for realism and what is possible with game engines moves forward very quickly. The cartoony style doesn’t have this problem as much because it doesn’t have to adhere to realism.

4 Likes

Haha yes, mental age differs wildly from person to person, regardless of how many revolutions arround the sun thy have survived.

AoE2
? And then thereafter Aoe2 HD? Then Thereafter Aoe2 DE?

1 Like

Yes, they really don’t look up to date graphically of course they don’t have to but you can really see how much these games have aged in my opinion. And I am saying that as a huge AoE2 fan.

1 Like

So your answere for games looking dated after a decade is to have the graphics look ■■■■ from the get go? That way no one can complain that the graphics are bad 5 years down the line?

I mean this is where we differ in opinion. I really like the style AoE4 chose for its graphics and I prefer it over the more realistic iteration from AoE3 for example.

Also no need to swear.

5 Likes

I understand. If others enjoy it, then I will not try to stop them. I will just keep my money and spend it on DE content.

And the blocked out word truly isn’t over the top. It’s just a synonym for horrendous.