Do you guys think developers is giving their best?

I don’t think all that many people do say that. It’s a bit like the vocal minority who complain that AoE 4 looks bad and will be a bad game because Relic have chosen an art style other than realism.
DoW 3 does have some real problems though.

2 Likes

oh I was talking about you actually :smiley: because in no brain capable of writing a sentence I would expect someone to actally think that the stylistic choice was made “to cash in on the fortnite craze amongst young ppl”…but thats just me

Unfortunately It’s not a vocal minority: in this case we would not have so many discussions and i’m not talking about agecommunity.

2 Likes

41% say they don’t like the graphics.
That’s a minority.

1 Like

41% of 114 People? It’s not a Great percent.

1 Like

41% is a minority regardless.
It’s also noteworth that 30/41 said “I still don’t like it but they can fix it”.
Which includes people with unrealistic expectations about changes to the graphics, but also includes people who are concerned about things like animations (which can very easily be fixed before release).

Only 11% of people said they wanted the visuals completely redone.

3 Likes

I absolutely understand people’s concerns about some elements of the game. But honestly, this post is straight stupid and disrespectful.

Maybe try to learn a bit about Relic, watch some of their interviews or how they speak about AoE IV, and then make a proper post with a legit concern. I almost cried when Microsoft killed Ensemble Studios, and hardly any RTS studio will get my love at the same level that Ensemble did… but Relic deserve my trust and sympathy because they have always been respectful with the Age of Empires franchise, they have always shown how they are aware of the importance of this series, and many people from their studio are literal fans.

And you can look for their RTS resume, so we can hardly say that they are not professional, talented, or dedicated enough. We will tell how good or bad will AoE IV be when we play it as a finished product. And if we don’t like it, we can tell it to Relic and World’s Edge, that will surely listen to good explanations (not ooga booga menaces). But for now, this trashposting is so nonsensical that honestly I can only see boredom as motivation for such “contribution”.

11 Likes

I dont really care whether they give their best or not. They may give their best and the game comes out horrible or they not give their best and the game comes out great. I care about the result. I am not buying the game for the effort.

3 Likes

I think, that they think they are giving their best. I myself I am not sure about this.

2 Likes

They certainly are taking their time and not rushing to release the game. They have addressed issues that were raised by the community so that means they want to make a game that we as the players will enjoy

3 Likes

If they show some playing videos of the game, I can decide they are trying their best but I cant decide now because we dont have any 1 vs 1 game play.

2 Likes

Dang dude. All we can say is good luck at this point and just leave it on them to do what they think is the best solution going forward. I would love to see weekly or bi-weekly progress logs. That way they can get better feedback.

I personally think the problem is by the publisher/management,
who have very unrealistic expectation from their product and the gaming market.

What if people don’t like the beta gameplay?
What if AoE4 won’t be this mega E-sports online played game?

Somehow, we never see the teams to actually address the mayor design issues of their products.

Of course they are giving their best, what kind of question is this? Do you think they are pretending to work? Quite disrepectful to make such a topic.

11 Likes

I find this question insulting. As a person in the IT world I can guarantee you that people who make games always take their jobs seriously.

7 Likes

Oh wow, you’re lucky person. I am from Canada originally but I have never met them.

1 Like

Because he’s part of the community council and a moderator on this forum, essentially he and many other people give feedback on the game by playing it before it comes out, and the devs use that feedback to make the game better, it’s a good idea and it shows the devs care about making aoe4 as successful as possible.

5 Likes

Got it got it. Thank you for the information :slight_smile:

2 Likes

What if they are not making it look good intentionally so they could upgrade it with DE later?

1 Like

I’m sure they are giving their best. But I think the creative direction is badly misguided.

3 Likes