Does Microsoft gives a **** about Aoe4

I reinstalled the game after some issues with gamepass PC and i played (and i’m currently playing some skirmish and co-op vs AI).

I would share some considerations (these considerations will probably show to someone here that i’m not a hater of Aoe4).

1. It seems Developers are trying to polish the graphic every patch (especially with the big updates). I dont’ speak for the all the unit models but i found some detalis or small adds on buildings and some units as well (i’m playing with maxium setting, 4k and HDR. NO panoramic zoom, i don’t like it).

the armours seem armours
now: made by steel and iron

Also terrains seem a bit more defined.

1. I found a more responsive AI on difficult setting. Mine ally (delhhi sultante have built walls to protect its territory while the Abassid did not it, and i don’t know why if depends by civilizations or what).

2. The gameplay is always fun but i made this statementalways, also after played the closed betas. What i like of this game is the cooperation between the AI opponents.

I’ve prepared a good army to destroy two enermy Wonders:

a) the first Wonder has been fallen without big problems apart a little battles with defenders (not only chinese but also english who were helping their chinese allies)

Than i turned my attention on the second Wonder

I’ve been able to destroy it and i was thinking to destroy the enemy base easily with the same army: after the first little battle, three big armies of each AI enemies attacked me totally destroying my army (almost 130 soldiers heavy infantry).

So i like this approach of AI and i think it will be more improved in the future patches and DLC.

What i would like to see in the future updates

1. more polished textures for unit models. Developers have started to improve some aspects of the general graphic. But i hope to see a more improvements with the next DLC. The best thing could be to add more graphic options in the same way of Aoe3DE:
  • New Zoom in for “cinematic mode”: this is the same Zoom in implemented in AOE3DE. Of course, every player will choice to play with it or not. But it would be a good add to all players who love to see the battles more close to the action.

• improved textures: some more details for hands, clothes, armours and weapons. These aspects could be necessary to able the “cinematic mode”;

• improved animations: in this case i’m referring to arrows. These animations are unrealistc and they seem plastic. Personally i think the arrows animation we’ve seen into the X019 was pretty good

It would be cool to see another graphic option to set on these animations during the game.

1. Blood: this is a one of the most requested add from players. Unfortunately from what i seen through the discord, it’s not easy to add blood and other effects. So, develepors should implementing it with the next DLC. The best thing it would be a specific option to able it or not. Many games have this option and after the “release and rating issues” fot the first game release" ,i don’t see other problems now.

2. a new World Map mode: i perfectly know this would be a difficult add ro implement because it requested a lot of work but i think that Relic will have enought developers after the COH3 release

Relic is already working on it for Compamy of heroes 3 so, they have enough experience to do something similar for Aoe4.

That’s all.

1 Like