Dutch need some love

I think that would be a good change. Bank of Rotterdam/Amsterdam are always never shipped in age 1 and it makes no sense having it as an age 1 card anyways.

Probably would not need to be bought by 1k gold as age 4 card are equivalent to 1600 resources (correct me if I am wrong). Bank wagon being 700 resources and 5 vills 500 resources. But I actually wouldn’t mind paying if it allows extra vills.

How can diplomatic envoys be useful? Do everyone have any ideas?

On esoc someone brought the idea of allowing explorer to train envoys, instead of them being trained by tc.
I would personally be happy if they gave him more speed.

It makes total sense to be an Age I card - as it does not occupy the much needed slots in later ages.

One thing that it could do its to improve the coin rate collection. So each card would not only give a bank slot but also improve the gather rate, so that in the end having all those banks can be equivalent of having a totally upgraded vils on coin.

They are useful. They are a Scout.
One radical change would be - only one scout - with same stats, but the same “invencibility” of the explorer.

1 Like

What I meant was you never send this card in age 1. It isnt a priority until you have built the max banks. Its sent after you have built 5 banks and religious freedom so you will end up sending this card in later age 4 (after factories) maybe 5.

You are right about the space. For that reason it makes sense as an age 1 card.

I have removed this card from my play deck as I found it was just a waste of space and I rarely ended up using it. It could definitely use a buff and coin collection would be good.

In team games the bank cards are essencial. In 1vs1 only use them if the game drags on

A simple change would be to change the bank cost to 400f and 300w from 350/350 the problem with dutch is not that they are bad is that the average strength of all the other civs has collectively rised and so dutch need a buff to compete on a level playing field.

Other changes to consider would be reverting back to EP9 crate start 500c 200w from 100f 200w 400c and raising max vil limit to 55.

Small subtle changes, having a noticeble positive impact on strength to bring them closer to the average civ. probably takes 5 mins to change the code for it

2 Likes

Can’t 350f 300w? I expect that alone will be a buff that makes the bank strong enough.

Nah that would be too strong, although a 50 food difference is very minor.

Also by keeping the resource the same total value you dont have to change the xp bounties aswell.

If you want an overpowered change to put dutch into S tier you would allow the banks to also give 10 pop space just like all the other eco house civs

1 Like

Well, I don’t expect the change to have such negative consequences. However, everyone will agree that the Dutch need to be a little better than they are now.

Looks like Dutch got that love they needed!

1 Like