Dutch Villagers Cant Build TC after getting a Native TP

:arrow_forward: GAME INFORMATION

:arrow_forward: GAME INFORMATION

• BUILD #: 100.12.1529.0
  • PLATFORM: Steam

:arrow_forward: ISSUE EXPERIENCED

:question: DESCRIBE THE ISSUE IN DETAIL (below). Limit to ONE issue per thread.

Here is the problem I’m experiencing…

• Dutch Villagers Cant Build TC after getting a Native TP
    They can still build the TC with the hotkeys if you remember them

This is due to the addition of the native embassy building into the building roster which then pushes the TC icon off the edge of the UI, making unable for a group of villagers to quickly drop a TC

{havent checked if other civs suffer from the same issue, i assume not as the dutch bank is an extra building as compared to other euro civs![

after.PNG|690x257](upload://7xbWSBEWQZG6vx5odHxE7rfJeOF.jpeg)

:arrow_forward: FREQUENCY OF ISSUE

:question:

• 100% of the time / matches I play (ALWAYS) - If i build a native TP

:arrow_forward: REPRODUCTION STEPS

:question: List the DETAILED STEPS we can take to reproduce the issue… Be descriptive!

Here’s the steps to reproduce the issue:

1. Build a Native Tp as the Dutch
  2. villagers can no longer build a TC
  3. {havent checked if you can still build via hotkeys}

:arrow_forward: EXPECTED RESULT

:question: What was supposed to happen if the bug you encountered were not present?

:arrow_forward: ACTUAL RESULT

:question: What actually happened (what went wrong) because of the issue you’re reporting?

Cant build TC from UI but can from hotkeys

:arrow_forward: GAME FILES

:question: Include a OneDrive or Google Drive link to a SAVE GAME or REPLAY FILE (.aoe2record) of the match where you encountered the issue.

:arrow_forward: IMAGE & ATTACHMENTS

:question:

2 Likes

Thank you for the report! We are tracking similar issues where shifts in the build menu make certain buildings or improvements difficult or impossible to click. Thank you for all of this information!

This year, finally following Aussie Drongo’s advice (see The Complete Hotkey Guide For AOE3DE - YouTube), I’ve switched to the grid hotkey system (“default”).

But now I’m encountering this very problem with the Dutch and can’t assign a hotkey for building a TC or native embassy, so I’m stuck. What’s the solution?

Puedes construir la embajada nativa con el emisario holandés. Puedes crear emisarios en tu centro urbano o de tu explorador

1 Like

Thank you for the idea! I didn’t think of it, as I never used envoys past the early game. That will change now!

The same problem arises elsewhere too, off the top of my head revolutionary Mexico:

It’s arguably less big of a deal than for the Dutch though.

Please don’t Necro topic, open a new bug report