Easter Egg Compilation 🥚

AoE2 villagers in the astronaut’s helmet

Another reference to aoe2

I’m sure there are more easter eggs out there, please share as many as you have!

35 Likes

idk if this counts :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I didn’t know about the astronaut!

Nice catch.

1 Like

I sorta found one…

4 Likes

tem um tesouro muito antigo desde age 3 legacy em referĂŞncia a o principal personagem de age of mythology
com ± descrição : uma armadura de arkantos 40% de vida a seu heroi, esse tesouro fica no mapa patagônia

R (5)

16 Likes

ah very cool! i always wondered who this arkantos guy was/is ^^

1 Like

Esse tesouro aparece em vários mapas. Acho que em todos ele pode aparecer.

Speaking of AoM, you can find AoM’s treasure model as one of the cosmetics of the Ethiopian Home City, AoE2’s treasure model is another customization option.

4 Likes

verdade eu tinha percebido isso

Sim, e também o artefato/tesouro de aoe 1…

1 Like

African heroes and Grand Master dead lines are Star Wars references

3 Likes

If you look closely, the Royal Embassy on European maps has a unique inscription.

AETAS IMPERIORUM ANNO MCMXCVII INCEPIT ET DURABIT IN AETERNUM - Age of Empires began in the year 1997 and will last forever

Let’s hope it’s right!

36 Likes

Very good catch xD

I’m sure there are more easter eggs.

8 Likes

They are also a reference to AoE2’s Saladin campaign, where if you kill the Templar grandmaster on the Jerusalem level, and grandmaster will comment Obi Wan Kenobi’s/Alec Guinness’s iconic phrase, “If you strike me down, I will become more powerful than you could ever imagine.”

7 Likes

The European explorer one seems to be a reference to Simpsons.

What Jerusalem level? Is that a map?

7 Likes

AoE2’s Saladin 4, “The Siege of Jerusalem.” It was an iconic campaign level in the original Age of Kings iteration of AoE2.

3 Likes

I’m stuck in I think Saladin 4

You can check out the AoE wiki for a guide for the level here.

Or, if you prefer a visual walkthrough, there’s Ornlu’s YouTube channel. He does a lot of great videos to help you through every campaign level, plus guides for even custom scenarios.

The sign in front of the meeting house:

Best argument to convert :smile:

25 Likes

The “Trip To Jerusalem” card is a meme reference
Sans titre 1

25 Likes

Nice catchs 191919191919191919

1 Like