Easter Egg Compilation šŸ„š

Not sure. The only thing I know is I donā€™t see them in the game.
Or if there existed a ā€œgenericā€ version of the cuirassier they could have the same animation.

5 Likes

Show? I thought there were only movies.

Maybe heā€™s talking about ā€œCopsā€.

1 Like

A lotā€¦ mainly in African civsā€¦ the African detachments when selected use the sound of the watchtower of aoe 1ā€¦

Yes, it can beā€¦ I also remember that the alpha of aoe 3 looked quite graphically like aoe 2 and that there were like eight ages to advanceā€¦

Well itā€™s similar xdā€¦

All of the icons are remade, none of them is a 1 to 1 copy from AoE1.
The same with the sounds.
The houses and towers make a similar creation sound as in AoE1 but itā€™s not the same.
Just a lot of references to AoE1, which I think is pretty cool.

Not sure why they chose to do that for the Afticans, as they are no Africans in AoE1 (besides North African civs like Egypt and Carthage).
Maybe simply because they are they only new region they added to the game yet. All other civs they added were European or American.

7 Likes

Of course, they wanted to do that to remember AoE 1, they said why not?..

This is pretty much a copy

The gunslinger is a tribute to John Wayne

15 Likes

Until here I arrived with the references to the spaghetti western 21

14 Likes

Itā€™s sad that this quote never appears (because Hausa Emirs automatically respawn rather than being ransomed), but thereā€™s a very funny quote in the database from Amina referring to the infamous 419 or ā€œNigerian Princeā€ scam thatā€™s supposed to trigger whenever she ransoms her hero.

ā€œMy Nigerian princes requested that I pay an absurd amount of money for their ransom. What frauds!ā€

3 Likes

Age of empires 3: the pirateā€™s eye patch looks like a villain like the sanke in the strongholdā€™s game

The Bandido is to The face looks like mine of the Goro Majima in game of yakuza :smile: :smiley:

Actually, I think the Bandido is a tribute to Tuco, of the good, the bad and the ugly

10 Likes

Greta, the Lakota chiefā€™s daughter in the ā€œRespectā€ scenario of John Blackā€™s campaign is a reference to Greta Forkbeard, a character who appears in Fall of the Trident in AoM.

9 Likes

She must have a great personality too

Nah, they donā€™t like similar. Wiki updated.

For me neither, thatā€™s why i said i thought but in fact Iā€™m not very sure, the resemblance comes more than anything because of the outfit he wore in that movie, he was wearing an eye patch and a military uniform that could be used as the union and as of the conferacion. In the unit portrait, apart from wearing a patch, he also has a kind of military uniform

nova carta dos 3 mosqueteiros e uma obvia referĆŖncia ao conto francĆŖs de Alexandre_Dumas
Captura de Tela (234) Os TrĆŖs Mosqueteiros ā€“ WikipĆ©dia, a enciclopĆ©dia livre (wikipedia.org)

11 Likes

There are a lot of references in new cards

4 Likes