Elephant Archers have gotten more changes we have assumed

Im talking with what he wants. But nice try.

1 Like

They are not impossible to kill now. In fact it is easy.

1 Like

Dude EA takes 15 damage per hit, thats ridiculous dont you think, this armor chenge should be reverted, they cant be THAT weak to skirms…
They already take 70 damage from Halbs

They could keep all of their old stats and they’d still be seen as the “worst” unit in the game. Because most players shall continue using them as everything but a population efficient anti-archer archer unit, which is their sole use.

1 Like

Because now they are made from archery ranges instead of being made from a castle

3 Likes

Don’t forget Gurjaras get a 25% food discount on all of their military backed by an already strong eco and get Chakram Throwers and Shrivamsha which are both great units. Not all civs need to have Knights.
If anything we must thank the devs for once more creating such unique civs.

1 Like

By reverting the hp, pa, bonus damage change and giving them parth tactics…

They have 330 hp minimum and 7 pa minimum.
They take 8 bonus damage.
That means that at worst they take 8 damage from skirms.

And take 330/8 or 42 hits to kill

And many people, including me, agree spear damage should be reduced against non war elephants. Also with his change they would deal bonus damage to spears. In fact one civ gets bonus damage reduction. But i dont see you bringinv that fact up. Hmm.

But if they are easier to mass up it is easier to reach the p9int wheww you have enough not even halbs counter them…the only answer left is siege…

The main problem here is these are the changes before all new civs get nerfs again and after those nerfs I dont think anyone would use these civs
So now I am having thoughts abt not buying dlc

1 Like

It’s more likely that if they end up underperforming the units will get buffed.

They won’t just nerf new civs for no reason, in the past the new civs were oppressively good, hence nerfs.

3 Likes

Exactly. We won’t be able to tell until there is real data such as winrates from high-elo ranked games.

You need a castle first, and you need to spend resources on the UT, not something you can train as soon as you go into Castle age.

Need a castle for Chakram throwers, again. Shrivamsha is nice concept, but I’m not sure it will be useful, since Gurjaras have FU (armor and hp) light cav and Hussars.
We’ll see soon enough with field test.

1 Like

I mean, thats fine, but I just dont see anyone using them unless they are Bengalis

Dravidians arent going to be bad either. Especially vs archers.

2 Likes

Eh I disagree. Although its not terrible, missing the speed and pierce armour sucks

For the discount tech yes but we were talking about Late Game.

1 Like

They have FU faster firing skirmishers and a nice wood bonus, I don’t see them struggling against archers honestly.

3 Likes

Forget Dravidians who will just use Skirms,
Not even the Bengalis will ever use these new EAs
“New and Improved!”

1 Like

Meaning they will easily cover the main weakness to their specialty, namely Wootz Steel infantry.

1 Like

Lol as if Aztec infantry + skirms was that crazy.

I mean why use skirms when i can use a much more pop efficient unit that also has offensive capability?

1 Like