Game Version: latest
- Build: 36906
- Platform: Steam
- Operating System: Windows 10
- Gamertag: LOSER4ever
When playing Berber/ally, Elite Genitour upgrade is unavailable WHEN THE GAME STARTS AFTER DARK AGE.
Here’s how to reproduce the problem:
- Just set up a scenario as Berbers starting in all 5 age settings to know this. Elite Genitour will only show up when game started in Dark Age.
Possible solution 1: I created a data mod to test this out, so I know it works.
- Remove the Elite Genitour (disable) tech. This is what it causes this.
- Cost of Elite Genitour 0F, 0G, 0W and 0 seconds (this will prevent to show the technology in Archery Range when Genitour is not available.
- Modify Berber team bonus-
a. Enable Genitour place holder.
b. Set the cost of Elite Genitour research to normal.
Side effects- In absence of Berber ally, Genitours will be upgraded to Elite Genitours automatically in Imperial Age. Does not affect normal games. Only affects when Genitours were forced to be available or were created through scenario editor/triggers. This is much less of a problem than what I stated.
Explanation- Automatically upgrades to Elite Genitours for non Berber allied players. Genitour itself is disabled. So after the Elite Genitour research being done, the Elite Genitour will also be disabled.
Off topic suggestions: Make Condotierro, Imperial Skirmishers and Genitours available in tech tree of all civilizations.
Possible Solution 2: I didn’t test this out.
Implement the Berber team bonus like the Slav team bonus, like a technology. It will help to efficiently deactivate Elite Genitour technology when not needed