Missing Elite Genitour Berber

Game Version:

• Build (####)
  • Platform (Steam)

Issue:

Was playing the Berber campaign and noticed that in the 4th scenario where I have to destroy 2 castles and I have access to the imperial age, for some reason the upgrade to Elite Genitour icon is missing.

After completing the campaign did a deathmatch skirmish against the AI from Castle to Imperial and the icon showed correctly there.

Edit:
I think is missing on all imperial age scenarios of the campaign. Got to the fifth one and is missing as well.

Reproduction Steps:

1. Play 4th Tariq mission.
  2. Try to upgrade to Elite Genitour.

(ATTACH A SCREENSHOT IF YOU ARE ABLE!)

same problem for me, the Genitour unit sits in the ‘upgrade’ position and therefore can’t upgrade it during campaign.

Also unable to build the hand cannoneer in mission 5 despite having chemistry researched.

Game Version: latest

• Build: 36906
  • Platform: Steam
  • Operating System: Windows 10
  • Gamertag: LOSER4ever

Issue:

When playing Berber/ally, Elite Genitour upgrade is unavailable WHEN THE GAME STARTS AFTER DARK AGE.

Reproduction Steps:

Here’s how to reproduce the problem:

1. Just set up a scenario as Berbers starting in all 5 age settings to know this. Elite Genitour will only show up when game started in Dark Age.

Possible solution 1: I created a data mod to test this out, so I know it works.

1. Remove the Elite Genitour (disable) tech. This is what it causes this.
  2. Cost of Elite Genitour 0F, 0G, 0W and 0 seconds (this will prevent to show the technology in Archery Range when Genitour is not available.
  3. Modify Berber team bonus-
    a. Enable Genitour place holder.
    b. Set the cost of Elite Genitour research to normal.

Side effects- In absence of Berber ally, Genitours will be upgraded to Elite Genitours automatically in Imperial Age. Does not affect normal games. Only affects when Genitours were forced to be available or were created through scenario editor/triggers. This is much less of a problem than what I stated.

Explanation- Automatically upgrades to Elite Genitours for non Berber allied players. Genitour itself is disabled. So after the Elite Genitour research being done, the Elite Genitour will also be disabled.

Off topic suggestions: Make Condotierro, Imperial Skirmishers and Genitours available in tech tree of all civilizations.

Possible Solution 2: I didn’t test this out.

Implement the Berber team bonus like the Slav team bonus, like a technology. It will help to efficiently deactivate Elite Genitour technology when not needed

:arrow_forward: GAME INFORMATION

• Build: 37906 (latest)
  • Platform: Steam
  • Operating System: Windows 10
  • Gamertag: LOSER4ever

:arrow_forward: ISSUE

Elite Genitour upgrade unavailable in certain situations.

:arrow_forward: REPRODUCTION STEPS

1. Start the game as Berbers/ally with non-Dark Age start.
  2. Upon reaching Imperial Age (or even with future technologies UI) the Elite Genitour upgrade doesn’t popup.

:arrow_forward: GAME FILES

Include a OneDrive or Google Drive link to a SAVE GAME or REPLAY FILE of the game where you encountered the issue.

:arrow_forward: IMAGE & ATTACHMENTS

The following two photos are from the Berbers Campaign - Scenario 3. In the first photo, I have highlighted my regular Genitour and in the second photo I have shown the Archery Range. Even though the photos are from campaigns, the bug is present in Standard and Multiplayer games as well.

2 Likes

Thank you for the report! Do you happen to have a save game or replay file from a mission where you encountered this issue? Would you mind uploading it so I can pass it along to the team?

Thanks sir for replying. I usually do not record campaign missions but if you insist I can definitely send it to you guys. Also, I insist you better check it out yourself using Standard game, infinite resources and aegis.

Start the game in Dark Age, you have Elite Genitour. Start the game at any other age (even Post Imperial) you don’t have it.

Sir, I have done proper analysis of this topic myself and check out of my posts for the problem.

That’s actually intentional. If you check the hints section, it is written in one of the missions that the campaign takes place before the invention of Gunpowder. So making the campaign Historically accurate, all gunpowder units have been disabled throughout the campaign.

Hey there! So it looks like there are a few issues here which we’ll need to parse out:

1. Elite Genitour is missing from the scenario missions.
  2. Elite Genitour is not available when the game starts after a Dark Age start (during multiplayer?).

The team is unable to reproduce the second issue, so getting a save file of a match where the issue is occurring will help them dig into whatever is causing the problem.

Thank you!

1 Like

Thanks sir for replying, but I wanted to tell you: It was not that the issue was limited to campaign, the issue was actually there. The truth is the issue is solved without the team having explicitly posting about the same. Fantastic work sir!

1 Like