Elite Unique Unit Skin

Just because its a legacy feature dosent mean it cant be changed.The graphics capacity might be an issue but its a lot less than going for all regional unit skins as many people want.

2 Likes

You are replying to the guy who uploaded the image

And we have the guy who captured the image

What a coincidence!

1 Like

frankihs-goth-berserker

4 Likes

I need this in the game yesterday

It would certainly be a game-changer for the Goths, with 300 hit points and 17 damage. (I don’t know the cost since it was untrainable in the alpha.)

1 Like

Probably would be a little unbalanced, but it would be cool to have in the Editor

I need Teutonic Teutonic Knight.

The problem is any units sharing the same look have the same graphics file. Changing that file would change looks for all the units sharing it.

Only data mod would work, and that kills the interest for most MP players. It’s a shame.

1 Like

Instead of Berserkers getting better armor, I think it would be more amusing if they got even less clothes.

It would also be more accurate since, y’know, that was their thing.

I will be amusing sure but it won’t be acceptable if a unit downgrades instead of upgrades.

Maybe, but the Berserker is already wearing too much armor.

So the old model can be made Elite and the #### guy can be made non Elite.

Unfortunately it’s called Teutons Teutonic Knight:

ttk

As well as the Goth Berserker, we also have regular Berserkers (left) and Woad Berserkers (right):

cwb

And here are some other unique units that didn’t make it:

uus

Persian Multipurpose Cav, Mongol Mobile Siege Unit, and Saracen Dervish.

2 Likes

First idea of “Ratha”?

What is their uniqueness?

Those look like from a mod.

I think so, but the weapon swap wasn’t implemented.

The Mobile Siege Unit works like a ram (no one gets rams in this version). The Dervish is just a generic infantry unit, as far as I can tell.

Maybe, but they’re from an alpha version of AoK from July 1998.

1 Like

I don’t really understand why the spend time adding fun skin for some unit and not fixing that.
It’s like lumbercamp who have the same design what ever your upgrade or your age.

1 Like

Cool, Alpha Savar 11

1 Like

Damn alite serjeants looks dope. Is this a mod?

Anyway yes, i would also pay gladly for a full DLC that only adds unique client-based skins for units or vills based on culture

6 Likes

They look simply amazing, would love to see that in the game. And it could also come with the toggle for ultra competitive players that would allow to turn off this feature