Elite Upgrade Skin

Why unnecessary? It’d be pretty rad. Plus we can detect the difference between units on the screen.

You realize that you necroed a thread that’s been dead for two years to reply to a banned user right?

4 Likes

To revitalize the thread, here are some pretty ideas:

9 Likes

Beautiful… 20 characters

1 Like

You forgot to remove one feather at the bottom for the Magyar Huszar.

You are there in every necroed thread reminding the folks. Seems like an easy way to gather likes.

Although I would like to have a new skin for each Elite unit upgrade, all the unique units that are Elite keep their skin from the original game (except for the latter added Battle Elephant and Steppe Lancer which probably their unit upgrade should be called Heavy more than Elite); probably the original developers decided this for some game balance reason

@Juggernaut8704 those images are pure gold

1 Like

Oh so that’s what happened to him. I remember he was very active on these forums. Did he said something really mean or what?

Partly.

But also, I usually like to see dead threads remain that way, some more than others, but it is annoying when people don’t consider it was last active two years ago.

4 Likes

Maybe not an entirely new skin but just a touch of Gold here and there, or some minor effects, Just to visually understand the unit. Like a TK gets added wings to its helmet like the mounted variant in the campaign, or berserkers get a golden cape

4 Likes

Necroing threads is kinda encouraged by how the forums are designed

When you go to create a new topic, you can see to your right other threads that may be similar, no matter how old they are, so I guess devs/admins want to keep conversations of the same topic in the same thread

Responding to a banned user may seem a little dumb, but there’s no indication anywhere that the user is banned

3 Likes

Did you do those? I know some look like Hero units, but some I don’t recognize, they look amazing tho

One thing I would change is to remove the flag and feather on the helmet of the Magyar Hussar, besides his wings to make it even more distinct (Tho I wish that unit and regular Hussar didn’t have wings in the first place at any point, but that’s another topic)

I also think the Longbow still looks a bit too similar, maybe changing his outfit a bit, like different boots, or longer sleeves

Most look quite good, although the ETK is quite over the top IMO, with the Hochmeister helm and a shield where he previously didn’t have one. A little more subtlety would be ideal. Solid idea though, (and maybe the devs can fix the Jaguar Warrior’s terrible resting posture). I’m debating whether I’d want even a more subtle variation of the “hero glow” as well, maybe just for icons though (like AoE1 has with Legion vs. Long Swordsman).

On most threads I agree with this, but on topics like this that remain relevant, can’t say I mind too much. But yeah, it is weird how some forumers seem to exist outside of space and time and randomly ping old threads to make some vapid post.

Just click their profile, it’s pretty obvious.

Not very obvious TBH. New users generally do not know clicking a profile has got any functions. Banned profiles should be mentioned in bracket next to name or something if it is to be made obvious.

1 Like

Just to clarify, I meant it’s pretty obvious if you click the profile, not necessarily obvious that you should click it. On a somewhat related note, I honestly hate that there’s an option to make profiles private, it’s so annoying. Maybe it’s just me.

More Ideas:

7 Likes

while an interesting topic it really deserves to be remade. no point pulling years old threads out of the ground.

closed.

2 Likes