Enchanted Grove biome opinions!

Hello fellow players!

So the new update is here with the new biome Enchanted Grove
Wanna know your opinions about it
I had an encounter with the majestic stag and did not want to kill him :pleading_face:
How is your experience going in this new biome?

2 Likes

It overrelies on a blue filter, which they suddenly got comfortable with using. No filters on the other maps at all.

Most shrubbery is entirely recognizable from other maps, so it doesn’t end up actually looking different. They’ve modified some existing trees textures to “glow” and added basic glowing sprites on some leafless trees.

It doesn’t feel like a biome of it’s own. Most textures like the floor, cliff, pebbles are the same. Most foliage and shrubbery is the same. Instead of making a blue environment, they just made everything blue–including buildings whose colour scheme go in the drain because of it. Any gold/bronze-topped buildings look horrendous, same goes for units.

Mind you. I’m a fan of using filters to enhance saturation or change the colour temperature to befit the setting. This reads along the same lines of making the sun’s lighting bright orange in an european map to make it look like a desert. That is not how it should be done.

Anyway. Criticism aside, this is low effort content they pumped out simply to have anything at all. Just like how Taiga Winter is a lazily altered Taiga Summer.

6 Likes

To be honest, i like it

4 Likes

Yeah!
Well I think is a nice addition to the game, but to be honest I would like to see more things around!

1 Like
1 Like

My head is starting to hurt just thinking about this ugly Enchanted Grove going on for 3 months

6 Likes

Well, you should be accustomed!

This is what the game looks like after a match

1 Like

I think it’s a cool idea and they should add fun casual stuff like this.

However, I think the purple should be toned down a bit, readability is not great with certain player colors. Also, the coloring should not be applied to buildings and units so that they can stand out more.

2 Likes

Yep!
Agree on that
Pink and Purple player’s colors look out of place!

2 Likes

i like it. It feels different to play in this biome. I won in my first match!

1 Like

I really don’t like it. It makes it hard to see everything and it doesn’t fit the historical theme of the game at all. I want option to remove that.

4 Likes

i think mostly its done well, besides overkill blue filter and not being historical, other parts work for me tho
if anything they could’ve added few more exotic elements, but thats just me

3 Likes

Yep!
Agree on that
Is always good to give content to the game
Supposed to be a seasonal biome, by the way!

1 Like

its really good biome but it wasnt time to work on something like that game could have been improved more and after that they can work on things like that.Also there should be a option to remove the purple fog im ok with it but some people’s eyes cant look at it and the fog or color palet makes units harder to see

the thing with eye strain is likely the following, my screen has reduced blue backlight, most common gaming displays do not, so this filter simply contributes to that light straining your eyes

4 Likes

Yup, me too.
20 characters

Too dark is the verdict.

The trippy lightning bugs in the stealth forest, and lanterns on trees and all that is all good. But it is too dark for a a game that already was darker than AoE2.

Similar problem to the NightMegaRandom mod if you have played it, which I decided was terrible.

If they figure out how to have rain and snow, they could have purple fairies or something. But not a “fog”.

2 Likes

Very nice
Agree with you on almost everything!
I really think that if is properly done with good lighting, color, and contrast this biome
and a hypothetical official “night mode” would be great to play, too

1 Like

I couldn’t play it for more than 5 minutes because it was destroying my eyesight (I speak in the literal sense) and I had to leave it

Definitely that atmosphere must be removed yes or yes, and place a night like the one that the campaign missions have. I can’t wait for atmosphere assets to be allowed to be modded in the Essence Editor, omg.

I love the idea of ​​the deer enchanting, the trees with illuminations, but my God, that global illumination is a retina destroyer.

7 Likes

haha!
remembered this Spongebob Squarepants scene in the show!
Yeah, is quite bad for eyesight!
:rofl:

2 Likes