Enter won't Execute Delete

:arrow_forward: GAME INFORMATION

• BUILD #: 11148
  • PLATFORM: Steam

:arrow_forward: ISSUE EXPERIENCED

:question: DESCRIBE THE ISSUE IN DETAIL (below). Limit to ONE issue per thread.

When trying to delete multiple units or structures, enter will not execute the command from the dialog box.

:arrow_forward: FREQUENCY OF ISSUE

:question: How often does the issue occur? CHOSE ONE; DELETE THE REST.

• 50% of the time / matches I play (FREQUENTLY)

:arrow_forward: REPRODUCTION STEPS

:question: List the DETAILED STEPS we can take to reproduce the issue… Be descriptive!

Here’s the steps to reproduce the issue:

1. Select a wall pillar
  2. CTRL+SHIFT+A to select all the pillars
  3. Press delete key
  4. Press Enter

:arrow_forward: EXPECTED RESULT

:question: What was supposed to happen if the bug you encountered were not present?

Enter should confirm delete in the dialog box.

:arrow_forward: ACTUAL RESULT

:question: What actually happened (what went wrong) because of the issue you’re reporting?

Sometimes it does nothing, and it acts like this the entire game.

:arrow_forward: GAME FILES

:question: Include a OneDrive or Google Drive link to a SAVE GAME or REPLAY FILE (.aoe2record) of the match where you encountered the issue.

:arrow_forward: IMAGE & ATTACHMENTS

:question: Attach a relevant PICTURE (.jpg, .png, .gif), VIDEO (.mp4, YouTube), DXDIAG FILE (.txt), or CRASH/GAME LOGS (.aoe2record, .txt) below.

4 Likes

Captured this issue for investigation. Thank you for the report!

2 Likes

is not an exploit to destroy pillars to save wood?
why then just not only add on IU the option to build a cheapear wall without pillars?

No.

Right now it’s a trade-off between using more wood or using more APM. Would be kind of boring to remove that and lower the player skill cap.

I’ve experienced this too, with a variety of buildings. I haven’t experimented much, but I noticed that I can press the left/right arrow key on my keyboard to switch between yes and no. Sometimes the default is yes, other times no.

there is not any reason to build a more expensive wall and that is less useful, takes 1 sec to save 100 wood, its a must. Any player needs to learn to do it in 1 sec

Is there any progress on this? It seems like a super easy thing to fix and yet hasn’t been fixed since release.

4 Likes

bumping this because it is still an issue

I’ve seen it happens with some buildings, and not with others, which make me thinks it maybe is done to prevent accidental deletion of important buildings, but I’d need to check to confirm