Envoys broken OP now

They are a good last ditch defense for the dutch tc on an early rush also. It buys them some precious time on the cheap

You can only make 5 and every second producing them is a second less making settlers.

For both market upgrades you need like what, 200 food? So total 450 food and ofcourse 100 wood, which also removes the option for a house. Then when you go for the attack they can just make the minuteman for like 300 resources total or by the time you have done this they are already near aging up.

Also settlers deal 10 melee damage and can hide in tc for tons more. That little idle time is barely anything compared to what you spend on the envoys and the upgrades for them.

If you lose to this its kind off your own fault.

Those are some good points. It is an investment but like everything has it’s moment that can pay off.
I’ve never been rushed with it but probably have trauma from the old native scout Rush days.

Yesterday someone did pop them out as a last ditch tc defense. It didn’t help.

If you have to make minutemen so early to defend this it’s definitely over the top though. If you have to do this to defend I would call that a winning strategy.

again, the rush variation age 1 is cheesy and unlikely to pay off. its the no unit tag tanks for 50f that dutch can vomit out at you in defense when you try to pressure them early or with a midgame timing. soaking up about 15 or so skirm volleys with a 50f unit is absurdly cost effective, especially considering the strength of dutch’s existing defense. it was doable before (and quite effective, though few people did it) but great coats pushes this over the edge to being clearly too cost effective.

1 Like

Yeah that is hard to argue against. I don’t believe anyone fair would argue it’s necessary. It will be likely fixed soon.

1 Like

I put it as an option, as its still more cost effective for the 5 envoys and by the time the Dutch come with a new batch the opponent can already age up most likely

is minutemen cost effective though? it forces the opponent to use up gold which in early age 1 most civs dont have access to from crates, so they would have to gather it, massively slowing them down. and even then they can just retreat and w8 for their hp to drop and then come back. This is also not account for things like just sending pioneers which gives them +65%HP

also minutemen is a one off while these things can be a menace for much longer

1 Like

Settlers deal 10 melee damage, pioneers is a card which means opponent also had time for a card which possibly allows them to send resources, resulting in an earlier age up or if they see the envoy attack an outpost.

The settlers will be very able to deal with the envoys, usually you have like 14 of them on hunts. Just let them all melee the envoys and even if you lose one settler it is still more cost effective then 5 envoys.

Are there some recorded games about such Envoy Rush?