Epirus campaign: Sometimes can not research technologies that Macadonians should have access to

:arrow_forward: GAME INFORMATION

:point_down: These details are CRITICAL; DO NOT skip them or your issue may not be reviewed.

• GAME BUILD #: 85208 and the current AoE2 stable.
  • GAME PLATFORM: Steam
  • OPERATING SYSTEM: Windows 10

:arrow_forward: ISSUE EXPERIENCED

:point_down: DESCRIBE THE ISSUE IN DETAIL (below). LIMIT TO ONE BUG PER THREAD.
When playing an Epirus campaign mission, Pyrrhus will sometimes lose the ability to research certain technologies that he should have access to. Which technologies are affected and how many seems to be random.

:arrow_forward: FREQUENCY OF ISSUE

:point_down: How often does the issue occur? CHOSE ONE; DELETE THE REST!

• 50% of the time / matches I play (FREQUENTLY)

:arrow_forward: REPRODUCTION STEPS

Unfortunately reproducing this is somewhat difficult due to the random nature of it, but it occurs more reliably in long campaign missions. In particular, “Pyrrhic Victories” seems a reliable use case for it happening.

:arrow_forward: EXPECTED RESULT

All technologies can be researched as normal.

:arrow_forward: IMAGE

:point_down: ALWAYS attach a PICTURE (.jpg, .png, .gif) or VIDEO (.mp4, YouTube link) that highlights the problem.

Note how these technologies are greyed out even though resource requirements are met.

:arrow_forward: GAME FILES (SAVE / RECORDING)

You folks should really add the .aoe2rorspgame to the upload exception list…

I have a suspicion this is related to Enable Technology Trigger disables technology for other players.

I did this scenario and couldn’t get some techs but had access to some other techs. I have a feeling that you were not suppose to get those techs, which of course made this scenario much harder.

Edit: Ok it seems you got something else, which I did not get. I couldn’t get heavy cavalry, phalangite, chain mail armors and iron shield.

I played the mission a few times now and it seems different each time.