European rework

Sobre la arquitectura unica para los europeos, si me gustaria ver nueva arquitectura para los europeos aunque sea como una opción grafica o bien un DLC que ver el mismo tipo de arquitectura en 15 civilizaciones diferentes (te estoy viendo arquitectura mediterranea).
El problema que veo con esto es que nuevas civs que salgan después de esto, ahora no solo tendrán que salir con la version “default” de la arquitectura, si no que Tambien que cada edificio se tendrá que hacer dos veces y eso seria gastar muchos recursos que se podrían utilizar en otra cosa.

Sobre pieles únicas para las unidades genéricas europeas, también me gustaria ver Husares y Mosqueteros con uniformes únicos o mas acorde a lo que usaban en tal facción en tal momento, pero me gustaria verlo mas como una opción grafica para no obligarte a usarla si se te dificultaría saber de cual jugador es tal unidad o por si quieres jugar con el estilo mas “Vanila”.

2 Likes

I would like the developers to add more variety of architecture for the European civilizations, but also to change their Age UP system to one with decks of 21 cards plus 2 cards each age.

In my opinion all civilizations should have the same Age UP. (the one from Africa/America) :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Personally, I was thinking of variation similar to what you see in the home city. Change the roof color, tint the plaster, and that’s about it.

3 Likes

Capitol is one building I think should have a unique look for every civ that has it

2 Likes

Guau, no sabía que Polonia era de África o algo.

Yo juego más con Aztecas e Indios que con otras civs, así que no

1 Like

I believe that AoE 3, as the most beautiful game in the entire series, deserves more decorations on the maps. What’s cool about AoE 4 is that when you build a building, decorations appear in its surroundings (decorative bushes, wells, etc.) and when you build buildings in a row, roads appear. I wish AoE 3 had something similar.

9 Likes

¿Y quien dijo que polonia no es Europa? A nadie le importa con que civilización juegues vos, las estadísticas muestran que la mayoría juega con las civilizaciones clásicas

You are not right because there are Asian (and some American) civilizations that are more played than some European ones. So first it is important to review the data and not to draw conclusions that are not true.

In my opinion, it’s good to attract players by designing civilizations with a relevant name, but they don’t have to be European all the time.

1 Like

Porque von Clausewitz dijo que todos los ejércitos de su época peleaban casi igual. Claro, el juego no es un simulador histórico, pero tampoco es para andar inventado cualquier cosa

1 Like

Nadie está pidiendo que se inventen unidades nuevas, se está pidiendo que tengan los uniformes de cada civilización, ¿O acaso crees que los mosqueteros ingleses tenían los mismos uniformes que los españoles, alemanes o los franceses? México es España 2.0 y todas sus unidades son únicas, y eso no genera un problema en la jugabilidad, igual eeuu.

4 Likes

Pues no sé que estadísticas miras tú, porque en partida que me meto, partida que hay Suecos y Japoneses.

Que Otomanos, Ingleses y post coloniales sean populares no es por ser europeos, sino por ser o haber sido OP

Como lo mencione aquí, la unica manera en la que puedo ver skins para unidades genéricas europeas de una manera mas general sin intervención de una carta o tecnología, seria por medio de una opción en el apartado general o grafico, similar al de mini baraja o el menu del age up transparente.

Pero aun así no lo veo muy probable dado al tamaño del equipo, el estudio y los recursos.

Aun así estaría cool verlo.

Es decir sí. De buen corazón pienso que tenían los mismos uniformes. Capaz un tipo de sombrero distinto, le cambiarán el color a la ropa, pero a grandes razgos prácticamente la misma indumentaria.

El juego ya tiene color de jugador para la ropa. Ir más allá de eso para cada civ es absurdo.

2 Likes

Whilst it’s probably out of the scope of this topic, yeah, I completely agree.
It would be great to see some embellishments appear as buildings are constructed. Even on the most basic level to have paved areas around buildings when past the Exploration Age would be great.

1 Like

Maybe some improvements on game camera view - extra zoom out and possible tilting

Why not allow settlers to build paved roads in an area around the city center, which would increase the speed of movement?

3 Likes

Because that absolutely sounds like it has no gameplay value. In what scenario would it benefitial to move faster within your own base?

2 Likes

In Age of Mythology buildings changed the terrain type under them into road. I used to build rows of houses and then delete them to make roads in my bases lol

3 Likes

Sounds like a nightmare for Devs.
Also, life you’ve ever played Empire Earth II, they implement it there which just appears really messy and ultimately is not worth the time.

I’m all for aesthetic-only minor decorate things, with the sole purpose of just adding a visual nod to the Age you’re in.

Currently iirc most buildings get a teeny tiny skirt of paving around them in Commerce/Fortress - an ‘easy’ addition would be to make it more prominent to give the impression of stone paths/roads around them. With that in minds, buildings placed near to each other in Commerce Age would ‘look’ more part of a settlement’s infrastructure.

One other touch could even be Street Lights/lamps dotted around industrial-looking buildings (i.e. Arsenal, Factory and Arty foundry) from the Industrial Age.

Again, just graphical - not touching gameplay at all with that.

Just to get back to topic and further reiterate - Euros need no rework - we got that last year. Roll on non-euro big updates.

3 Likes

It all depends on the speed increase you’ve allocated. It could have an impact on your defense. A fairly minor impact, admittedly. I simply feel that the gameplay in ages 4 and 5, which are supposed to represent the industrial era, isn’t strong enough in the game. I was just putting forward an idea, but I also like the idea of roads as an aesthetic element.