Event Progres bug

:arrow_forward: GAME INFORMATION

:point_down: These details are CRITICAL; DO NOT skip them or your issue may not be reviewed.

• GAME BUILD #: current one
  • GAME PLATFORM: Steam
  • OPERATING SYSTEM: Windows 10

:arrow_forward: ISSUE EXPERIENCED

:point_down: DESCRIBE THE ISSUE IN DETAIL (below). LIMIT TO ONE BUG PER THREAD.

I already finished the time limited event (“win a game as japanese or…”) completely. But since today it shows like I have never touched a single challenge. This is wierd, but since I already have all the Icons, and they are still here to be chosen from, not that big of a deal.

This topic migth be pretty much related, with people who have not yet finished and have to start all over again in order to get the icons and mods:

This is not the first time we see this bug. It already occured the first time when a event got more time on it due to a lot of people unable to start the game after a patch. So this bug will happen to everyone who has at least played a single challenge, so dont worry, its not your fault if this happens.

:arrow_forward: FREQUENCY OF ISSUE

:point_down: How often does the issue occur? CHOSE ONE; DELETE THE REST!

• 100% of the time / matches I play (ALWAYS)

:arrow_forward: REPRODUCTION STEPS

:point_down: List CLEAR and DETAILED STEPS we can take to reproduce the issue ourselves… Be descriptive!

Here’s the steps to reproduce the issue:

1. Got a challenge before Feb 8
  2. Log in on Feb 9
  3. Wonder why your progres (on the event) is lost

:arrow_forward: EXPECTED RESULT

:point_down: What was SUPPOSED to happen if the bug you encountered were not present?

I expect every patch to be playable for everyone. So this would not even occur and thats basically what a paying customer expects.
If thats not able at least the progres should be saved, so people do not have to start all over again.
If thats also not possible due to whatever: At least tell people about the longer time they now have and that their progres migth be lost, also tell them WHY this has to be done (“We admit there are a lot of issues in the current patch… Several people are unable to play atm, so we decided to give them another chance on the Event. Therefore we try to get the timer somehow delayed, this migth cause some issues with saving your progress…”). This does not have to be done in the forum or on any of the 100 different aoe2 related pages that are out there. This should be in the game itself (news section, or that annoying thing that sometimes pops up (I believe its part of news section as well… not sure tho)), since it affects everyone

:arrow_forward: IMAGE

:point_down: ALWAYS attach a PICTURE (.jpg, .png, .gif) or VIDEO (.mp4, YouTube link) that highlights the problem.

no image needed. If you need one comment here then I can upload one. But since this is a so well known bug its not needed imho.

:arrow_forward: GAME FILES (SAVE / RECORDING)

:point_down: Attach a SAVE GAME (.aoe2spgame) or GAME RECORDING (.aoe2record) of the match where you encountered the issue. Link it below if using an external file service.

*---- its not happening in game----

3 Likes

6 posts were merged into an existing topic: Celebration Challenge Progress Lost, Anyone Else?