Excited things I found in the October 1st stream video

I’ve just noticed that archers changed to melee when engaged from up close (2:15). Is that from an old build, or did they bring that back?

1 Like

nice catch, hopefully it will stay, those little details add immersion to the game it also make sense.

Min 1:35, infantry lack of texture… it seems that units will look decent only in tier 4 age… they haven’t change any texture or graphics it is just that units in tier1-3 look horrible compared to tier 4

2 Likes

the zoom is the same or it isnt?

I’d assume that this is their latest build being showcased.
I don’t think they ever intended to remove archer melee.
It was worded as “no longer tie up”

As I said in other comment my screenshot was in 4k and the vidoe they uploaded is full HD thats why it looks similar but they are not… I did a wrong screenshot without buildings around, but in the stream it was zoom out a bit more and the zoom in goes further, but not enough for me, I want it super close like CoH 1 lol

People are posting only screenshots of units in tier4, please upload screenshots of units in tier1-3 you will notice the lack of quality…

1 Like

Why is the bow string still not going back when the archers pull it to shoot ? Also the bows should be at least 2x the size to be somewhat realistic… Do they have a texture on them or are they just white ivory ? Played the open BETA and its fun, but doesnt feel like a AAA game graphics wise, anf wonder if they made it different enough from aoe2 to make it a huge success. Nevertheless, def going to buy, and Im sure it will be worth the money.

3 Likes

I got a Xeon E3 1231V3 which is basically an i7-4770 and ran the beta super well.
Post release the game should be smooth as hell.
The i7 4770 came out in year 2013, so yeah… CPU requirements are more than fair I’d say.

And what you say doesn’t make any sense? tier 1 units you want it to be as gorgeous as tier4? Everything has its value.

Im looking at the timestamp and I can’t really detect much wrong with it.

Is it because they look too plain or something?
Like their armor isn’t shiny?

Or do you think their models/textures are just worse somehow?

This got me even more hyped than I was. I want this game so bad!

3 Likes

Lmao they absolutely did not change zoom :stuck_out_tongue:
Everything else you pointed seems improved tho

5 Likes

They’re beating around the bush. They need to work on melee fighting animations and siege projectile animations. They seem to overanimate everything else to compensate, but I don’t really care about MAAs walking on their knees dramatically before dying. I care about being able to distinguish which unit attacks which unit in a big fight, which is kind of difficult when melee animations have no impact.

I hope so but we can’t be sure just yet, because inspector’s zoom level could be set differently from player’s zoom level, just like in Dota 2.

7 Likes

This gives me some much higher hopes for the game on release. Hopefully they listen to more feedback from the community!

3 Likes

dont get your hope up for mannes diege. thats a design desicion and I doubt it will be chnaged. Not enogh palyers wish for that to happen…

they look plastic, there is no texture on shield, you can’t notice if their are using helmet or they are bald…they look ugly.

1 Like

Can I watch the stream somewhere? I can’t find a video of it

1 Like