Expanding regional units

Not only are both less effective at destroying massive amounts of walls at once they do so much slower meaning if you’re being turtled out by a line of super thick walls 8 tiles thick and you can only enter through a choke point then you won’t break in fast enough and both of those units have reduced splash while rams and elephant do full splash to buildings in radius.

Siege ele does only 33% splash damage both against buildings and units.

1 Like

To be fair they still do way more to wall clumps than bombards at a far more reasonable price

All desert regions. Not all Indian civs have camels either.

Indians were. Indians =/= Hindustanis.

Or you guys can make 2 Petards. Much faster. Also capped rams are shit. 200 hp, 150 attack. The only advantage they have over armored elephant (aside from bonus damage) is splash damage.

This would be a cruel nerf to Vietnamese Cavalry Archer play. I say this as someone who ranks the Rattan Archer among their favorite units.

1 Like

Would it be so bad if Ele Archers got both the 20% and 100 HP tech. That gives them what? An extra 46/54 HP on top of the 154? That still doesn’t make them a top tier unit as they’re slow and expensive still right? Would need some tests.

Consider that bengalis elephant archers are pretty solid now without thumb ring, vietnames elephant archers with around 450 health (50% more) but more accuracy and a similar attack speed could potentially be broken.

2 Likes

You forgot about cumans.

Yeah because there is no such thing as “Indians” during this game time period. But I hope you got what I meant.

If Hindustanis are supposed to get an elephant unit and there CA play needs to be nerfed, EA would be a much better choice. Now people that didn’t buy the DLC, lost EA but got armored ele and siege ele for free.

Not broken but OP. Bengalis have all armor upgrades. Viet lack PT.

My other concern is that making a tech tied to a building, rather than unit type, excludes lots of custom campaign play. We have 3 CA with extra HP - Franks, Turks and Vietnamese. We also have Turks and Vietnamese both as extra HP hand cannons.

Making the bonus changed to foot archers will include Chu Ko Nu, Longbowmen etc for mix and match purposes in custom campaigns. The 5 HP nerf on Rattan addresses almost the required amount to maintain same hp.

Vietnamese don’t have HC.

Need to calculate if 154 HP better than PT or not.

Against archers they take less hits to die then bengalis (but both are over 100 shots to die.
Against paladin its about a 33% increase in hits to be killed.

1 Like

I would like to see steppe lancers on Lithuanians, Slavs and the like

1 Like

Elephant Archers for burmese, vietnamese sounds fine, dont mind seeing them, but what to do with cav archer?

Vietnamese getting ea sounds busted.

it does, but thing is if burmese gets them then it should become a regional thing. i mean they did remove camel for some DoI civs so I could see them remove EA from some of those raja civs.

What do you mean? Camel was not removed from Hindustanis.

Again what are you trying to say? Raja civs mean Rise of the Rajas civs? None of them have EA. How can you remove something that is not present to begin with?

You are buffing civs that don’t need buffs by your suggestions.