Explorers skins ideas for devs - Come and post your own

Hi all, come and post some ideas of explorer skins.

Example:

Civ: Name
Desc (based on what or which historical figure)
Weapon: If there is a weapon change.
Image(s) to better understand if possible.

France: Napoleon
Based on Napoleon wearing his iconic hat and coat.
Weapon: Sabre and pistol

Note: it doesnt matter the civ already got skins, what matter is the ideas

Since a year ago with African dlc we start to get slowly but securely skins for each civ trow different events. I hope we get even more and more to civs that already have.

France: Emperor Napoleon
Based on Napoleon dressed in his crowning attire. Or alternatively be Napoleon without coat and hat.

France: Consul Napoleon
Based on Napoleon during his time as Consul during the Republic.

Note: In case someone hadn’t noticed, Malta default explorer and Alain are the same with the difference that default has his helmet and tabard.

France: Roi du Soleil
Based on Louis XIV.
Weapon: Pistol and Rapier.
King Loius XIV

France: Liberté
Based on the painting liberty guiding it’s people.
Weapon: Musket and Flag

France: Pauline Bonaparte
Based on Pauline Bonaparte, wearing soldier suit (the style of Napoleon).

France: Josephine
Based on Josephine wearing her dress and umbrella

France: D’Artagnan
Based on the royal musketeers.

Germany: HRE Noble
Based on doppelsoldner wealding a sweizhander.
Weapon: Sweizhander (2 hander sword and pistol)

Germany: Friederich the Great
Based on Friederich.
Weapon: Saber and pistol

England/Durch (Shared): William of Orange
Based on the king of England, dutch and Scotland

England: Vice Adminarl Nelson
Based on Viscount Horatio Nelson wearing his military uniform.

England: Duke Wellington
Based on Arthur Wellesley.

England: Queen Elizabeth I
Based on the queen wearing her royal dress.

Spain: Queen Isabella I of Castilla and Ferdinand II of Aragon
Based on the Catholic Monarchs.

Spain/Germany: King Charles V
Based on the king of the holy Roman empire and Spain.

Spain: Virrey
Based on the Virreyes of the New Spain, wearing a suit like Mexico explorer (default) and Bolivar or to represent early period.

Virrey Antonio de Mendoza (First one)

Felix Maria Calleja (Last ones)

Italy: Pope
Based on the head of the Roman Catholic Church.
Weapon: Well Pope didnt fight perse, but could be a new card that sends the Pope hero with unique skills (Something like the Father for Mexico, but without combat skills/interactions).

Pope Julius II

Pope Paul III

Will post images later sorry

12 Likes

All campaign heroes should be avaliable. Not really much work to include them.

5 Likes

Chinese: BruceLee
Japanese: Miko
This is the skin I want to see the most right now

691725bdcf7a253fa145bb77a84d590f

7 Likes

Most campaign hero models.

5 Likes

Se me permitem escreverei em portuguĂȘs.
É uma Ăłtima ideia, vou dar aqui algumas sugestĂ”es:

• InglĂȘs: Almirante
    Baseado no almirante Horatio Nelson

• FrancĂȘs: Nobre do AnciĂ©n Regime
    Baseado na aristocracia francesa que se comprometia a servir no exercito real. Ou até mesmo com a skin do herói da batalha do Fort Duquesne

• PortuguĂȘs: Cavaleiro da Fortuna
    Baseado nos desbravadores portugueses do sĂ©culo XVI, sua pele seria parecida com a do Cannoneer, mas lutaria apenas com uma espada longa chamada “Montante”

• AlemĂŁo: Prinz Eugen
    Baseado no marechal austriaco Eugenio de Savoia, embora use um peitoral de armadura seus trajes seriam do século XVIII;

4 Likes

España: Capitån
Basado en Gonzalo Fernández de córdoba alias “El Gran Capitán”

3 Likes

Italy: Giuseppe Garibaldi himself

Really seems like a no brainer to me. I find it weird that the devs made an explorer skin for king Victor Emmanuel II, but not for Garibaldi “Hero of the Two Worlds”. I know he is already the civilization’s leader, but he makes far more sense as a hero unit on the field than Victor Emmanuel.
Alternatively, Anita Garibaldi, Giuseppe’s first wife and close partner in most of his adventures, would also make a pretty cool explorer skin.

3 Likes

I love inuyasha, but personally I like more characters based on reality.

However, we already have astronauts, why not?

For Mexico then XD:

Portugal:

Adventurer with Montante.

Duarte Pacheco Pereira

5 Likes

Doncellas del santuario para japon serian una flipada muy genial!

I don’t think that Microsoft can use copyrighted characters like this, at least not for free. I doubt that they would be willing to pay for the rights of a character for an AoE unit.

2 Likes

No en general ella, pero si hacer una skin de doncella del santuario

1 Like

I don’t know how to tell you, but mikos exist in real life. Kikyo was probably meant to be just an example.

Mikos are still around, by the way:
images (12)

5 Likes

Now another idea for Explorers skins is that Explorer skins can become unlockable using the points that we earn from leveling up because it would be nice to use up the points not just on customization but also other things as well. These points spent on Explorer skins can be for those that weren’t unlocked during an event or an Explorer skin that wasn’t a reward from an event.

1 Like

I’m up for this with a rebalance too. Heroes seems too weak
 Only Bolivar looks like a threat.

Don’t forget this one too, (Barbary States Captain). Wish so much that he was more usefull.

5 Likes

Aha! It seems that there is still room for improvement in your understanding of Japanese culture. :joy:

General speaking, Miko (shrine maiden) are still one of the specific image representatives of Shintoism. Their existence has a long history, and in modern times, their main job is to assist in the operation of the shrine.

The beautiful image of Miko has always been popular in Japanese subcultures (manga, anime and games), and Kikyo (the maiden pulling a bow in the picture above) in Inuyasha is one of the classic Miko characters there.

Although I’d prefer Miko to be an option for home city customization, there’s already a module of man with broom there after all.

5 Likes

I learn more about history in these forums than anywhere else. XD

1 Like

I think we will get all, eventually. There are a few already like Morgan

I was hoping you replay friend.
@TalVheet
Hope to see those specially Portuguese with Montante since it’s very requested.

I’m hoping that now mount/Dismount is and official mechanic we get mounted ones.

I don’t know much about Italy’s history in the middle ages, but I have read in other post asking about Garibaldi and would like to see it too.

It’s good that “Miko’s” confusion was cleared up xD, I’d like to see her too

I think the original devs idea of “Explorers” is and was obsolete, while we could use generals and important figures. Also original Euro Explorers have medieval swords as melee weapon

True story.

Thank you all for your contributions, keep posting ideas let’s give the devs lots of ideas for them to pick.

2 Likes

Spain and Italy could use a religious hero like Mexico. Spain an Inquisidor (leader of the Inquisition) and Italy the Pope and/or Cardenal.

Mexico: Ignacio Allende (default skin)
Along with Miguel Hidalgo were the starters of the Independence of Mexico. Currently in game has the same uniform buts it’s all black.

Mexico: Miguel Hidalgo
Leader of the Independence movement of Mexico for the Padre hero (which is almost the same but bald and older).

Mexico: Morelos
Second leader after Hidalgo’s death for the Padre.

Mexico: Santa Anna
General, President and many other things, a controversial figure. For hero, it’s almost as default skin but it’s uniform is more decorated and has red and gold decorations.

Mexico: Porfirio Diaz
The dictator, there’s a lot of material from him (uniforms).

1 Like

Nah, let’s not give more fuel to the Spanish Inquisition meme, if there’s to be an Inquisition hero, it should be avaliable to all civs that had that Inquisition.

Spanish won’t get probably more heroes skins because they had their moment, but if there’s a second round, I would like to explore liberal (in the European sense, not in the American) heroes, like Riego, who gives another view of Spain besides Morrion helmets, Tercios and “obscurantism”.

Anyway, Delgado should be in also, because campaign hero.

3 Likes