Extreme language Filter (Censor)

Same. It’s insulting.

10 Likes

It should be removed or at least there should be an option to toggle it off (and default should be off for everyone) Otherwise you guys probably will destroy everything you had done with Definitive Edition series in a small “feature” you made.

Programmers usually say that this is not a bug, this is a feature. But @devs in this case it is not a feature it is a bug. Completely. Oh, c’mon filtering your own AI? *** IS THAT?

13 Likes

Hi, developers.

Apparently, I can’t write it all here because it bypasses the word filter. I hope this works

Here’s my opinion on your new word filter:

Anyway, remove the word filter or I stop playing the definitive edition and go back to HD edition… or even quit Age Of Empires completely.

7 Likes

I miss the days of AoE 1 and AoE 2 where you got 2 or 3 patches and you were happy with that. Now every time I get an update I think to myself, “Oh boy what’s changed or broken now…”

11 Likes

The number 31 is censored. So is something in the phrase "player 8 the team button is over there —> "

Having worked with architects on name filters before, I would have to say that your leads are foreign and egotistical tools.

Filter that.

7 Likes

I couldn’t find one butt on my screen, but on the copier at the office. :wink:

2 Likes

And it uses English word filters…So I’m chatting in Dutch to my buddies and like a lot of words are getting filtered because it could be a swear word in English… There should be an option to turn it on or off… This is rediculous lol.

9 Likes

So how dumb are the devs actually? Do you actually play the game? Whoever came up with this idea seriously deserves to be empaled. You don’t reduce toxicity by censoring some inoffensive words, in fact you do the opposite. Now I’ll just go in team games and abuse noobs then just spam “11” taunts nonstop and be toxic in a non verbose way. This SJW mentality is infuriating and I won’t stand for it, it’s a game, to have fun, not a platform to do politics.

There NEEDS to be AT LEAST an option to disable the filter, if you have a minimum of dignity, common sense and respect for the playerbase. This change is insulting, do something to improve it or face the consequences.

12 Likes

Ah yes, puritanism
exactly what we don’t need here.
Reminder that the word “d.a.m.n” is censored in game, how devilish of us to use that satanic word.
(and it’s also censored here. Great work microsoft)

7 Likes

I dont think is puritanism, is more political correction from Liberals movement (SJW) , companies only care bussiness, not religion. and worldly ethics.

That’s why they censored Christmas event and change for Winter event.

6 Likes

That is a very strong frame and propaganda which can be debated, but should not be done here.

1 Like

yes. I know there isnt the place for this kind controversies same for other guys accusing the religious puritans.

4 Likes

So far people here have accused communism, Chinese, SJW and puritans.

Are we playing Spanish? Cause some people developed inquisition (iiliaaaeee)**

I don’t mind who’s to blame. Just make little adjustments and sell 2 o 3 versions.

**that’s supposed to be the sound when you play Spanish

4 Likes

Divide et Conquer MMXX :wink:

2 Likes

Well, great. Exactly what we needed.
I mean, seriously there are very important issues with the DE and you are going with this?

Well, good point. But the thing is it should not exist in the first place or should be optional and off by default.

5 Likes

I don’t swear. My brother plays and doesn’t swear. I appreciate the language filter. I started playing around nine or ten years old and when my son is that age, it would be nice for him to be able to join me in online games without the language of players online being an issue. So I actually appreciate the filter. It may very well be clunky with some words being valid in some languages but it is probably the better choice.

2 Likes

Not really, at least not for the most of us

4 Likes

Bullying is a major online issue. Negative words play a major role into people being bullied. I haven’t heard major uproar in the professional community or my guild’s community about being against the strong filter, so I really doubt the majority feels like this is a major issue to have a strong filter. Not like the early Steppe Lancer stacking bonus was a major issue. It just feels like it is a majority because the posts here all slant one direction, but I think it isn’t even a topic many players even feel compelled discussing.

Dude, just see the like count on this post: 29 likes. This isn’t the usual amount of likes for a post here

4 Likes

I agree. The most insulted I felt online was whem I was speaking spanish with a guy, and some othet guy in my team demanded us to stop talking “a dog language” I don’t think the filter would censor that, since there’s not a single “bad word” like I can say to someone that he/she belongs to an inferior race, and it would be okay for the filter. But for some reason, you can’t write BBC, or onager.

So no, until it works properly,it’s quite a bad option

3 Likes