Feature Request: Save game during a replay, then load or restore the game from a save and play!

1. Go to Replays, pick an SP or MP replay, and replay it.
  2. Replay like you normally would.
  3. NEW: At some point, pause, go to menu and save the game.
  4. Quit the game and go back to main menu.
  5. NEW: Restore in MP. Allow to restore a game from the save.
    • Allow any player pick any slot. That means I could assume the control of my opponent.
    • Allow to assign AI to some slots.
    • Allow some slots to be not taken. If only 2 players restore a 4 player match, and AI is not assigned to the remaining two players, the unused 2 players will auto-surrender the moment the game loads (as if they were real players whose connection dropped).
  6. NEW: Restore in SP. Same mechanics as above.

This would be awesome for training. Testing strategies and counters. Especially after a lost match to see if you could do something different. Or in a team match, where I can assume a role of one of the opponents and control the army they made, so my teammate can test different strategies against this unit composition. There’s so many possibilities here.

6 Likes

Actually i would love to see this feature, to be honest.

1 Like

Totally great idea, we can also resume downloaded replays from pro ones and play our own game and will improve gaming skills.

but i think it is technically impossible.

1 Like

This could be very helpful!
Great idea!

That’s a great idea, It could be very helpful for practising certain situations.

Exactly. If an enemy rushes me with archers and I lose, I’d like to replay from the moment I’m attacked and try different defense strategies against my friend.

2 Likes

Another benefit of this is dealing with games that crash. Multiplayer is buggy and internet / servers cut out. Short competitive games may not be such a big deal / harder to resume, but when playing with friends and a long treaty it’s very frustrating when you’ve just finished booming your economy, you’re ready for some epic battles, and … out of sync error.

This functionality already exists in simpler form in AOC/HD

Huh. So that’s not only a feature request, but a “give us this feature back request”.

1 Like