[Feature request] Villager counts per resource in UI

Like in Aoe3
Showing Villager gathering each resource next to it. Is a very useful feature and makes planning your macro more accurate and effective. Essentially leading to a better competitive experience.

I am not sure if it was already included. But if not. Then please consider this.

On the latest video there is no space for such a villager count per resource. There is, however, a population count and an idle villager count.

I guess it could be done, but depends if they see this suggestion and have time to implement it, if they choose to.

Yeah I saw that video.
Ui looks good

Idle villagers are shown as badge over villager icon.
Maybe they could show villagers per resource as badges over resource icons. Won’t need more space then…

@Penelinfi said:
On the latest video there is no space for such a villager count per resource. There is, however, a population count and an idle villager count.

I guess it could be done, but depends if they see this suggestion and have time to implement it, if they choose to.

Which video?

@Augustusman said:

@Penelinfi said:

Which video?

Yes now I saw it.

It would be messy to have numbers over the icons. I’d place them below the icon or number.

Can be tool tip.

@Augustusman said:
Can be tool tip.

+1

Was about to say this myself.

Imo as a tooltip it won’t solve the purpose.
It should be always visible. Without needing to move the mouse there.

They can easily fix this by having is by having the amount of villagers count on the resource itself, such as mines, you can click on the mine and see how many villagers there, or have a graphic displaying how many villagers in the mine.

If it’s going to be on the graphics icons, then there will need to be an edit to make that area a little darker. Agree or disagree about putting numbers there, but when you have low contrast (white number on light parts of graphics), it looks messy. People want feature, without thinking about other aspects of the gameplay.

Either that, or move the resource counter up, and have the number of villagers below. Plenty of space if used like that. Can also put the info in the TC and houses, as there is currently 0 or 1-2 useful buttons in those buildings ;p

You could also use a graphical solution like a segmented or coloured bar.

Finally, some would say the resource counter is enough to gauge the rough number of villagers gathering - most random maps people are using it down to <50 per resource, so it’s clear if there is too much of something!

Also, I wonder why the food and wood icons are swapped?

@Augustusman said:
Yes now I saw it.

Is anyone else not alarmed by the fact this villager is building something that isn’t a house, tower or wall on ridges?

I swear if they over simplify this game and make it noob friendly like every other modern era rts I’ll be infuriated.

@mustang082 said:

@Augustusman said:
Yes now I saw it.

Is anyone else not alarmed by the fact this villager is building something that isn’t a house, tower or wall on ridges?

I swear if they over simplify this game and make it noob friendly like every other modern era rts I’ll be infuriated.

Why you think that?

@Augustusman said:

@mustang082 said:

@Augustusman said:
Yes now I saw it.

Why you think that?

Why do I think what? That building on a ridge simplifies the game? Because it’s a fact. One half of the game (deathmatch) depends on reading the map accurately and quickly to determine where you can and cannot build. If you can build on anything that isn’t forest or open water then it is clear that this edition will not be representative of the original. In fact I’d go as far as to say that given they had a ton of age of empires 2 content and the devs happen to be age 2 fans that this game will resemble that rather than the original which just needed modernising not overhauling key concepts like building placement.

As others have said, if they bring in reseeding farms and other oversimplifications of macro I’ll be playing the new one for about a week before opting for the original which they said would be included.

@mustang082 said:

@Augustusman said:
Yes now I saw it.

But it is a tower. You have always been able to build towers on hills.

I gotta agree, the feeling aoe 3 gave, when you could see how man villagers at each resource was so useful. I’d love to see it make a comeback!

@qweytr24 said:

@mustang082 said:

@Augustusman said:
Yes now I saw it.

It’s clearly not a tower. It’s the same size foundations as every production building.

Source: I’ve played over 10,000 hours of this game online spanning 19 years.

@mustang082 said:

@qweytr24 said:

@mustang082 said:

@Augustusman said:
Yes now I saw it.

It’s clearly not a tower. It’s the same size foundations as every production building.

Source: I’ve played over 10,000 hours of this game online spanning 19 years.

But if you look the video, it end being a tower.

Did you double checked your source ?

@Augustusman said:
Yes now I saw it.

this fog of war is so beatiful!!