Feels like the ship is already been abandoned

It’s Always a risk realising a game set in the same medieval periodo covered by a game that’s perfect. It’s not a “epochs matter” but on what changes and news you are going to offer. Aoe4 has not many features we already seen in previous games and the feel new adds are not so good. For the rest, most of aspect are not good or finalized. This Is the problem.

1 Like

Is the SC2 meta similar to this? Where massing one type of unit before the other player will almost always get you a win? I have never seen a game of SC2 so I’m asking.

yes I’m sure :slight_smile: (20 characters)

Viper hasnt had a tourney where he didn’t make it to the semis. In what universe is that a poor showing?

2 Likes

Probably , but indeeed some of the most active users on your main graphics thread are still here so this doesnt prove your point.

If we are going to talk about inmersion we cant talk in general , because maybe for me the feeling of the game is completly different as what do you feel . i truly inmerse on the well and created maps of the campaign . Dont know about you or anybody else on here.

This was no secret and i think that the spanish aoe comunity always had this as the main problem , its a reboot , yes . But its fun and it haves differences and new stuff that aoe2 didnt had.

You cant just revive a franchise that was it dead for 15 years and then make a completly new game without seeing if its worth it , as i said probably they were confused about making money with an RTS and from my POV , its fair! completly Fair!

I bet nobody here would risk a good chunk of money in something that maybe it doesnt reach more than 2k copies.

Yes he did but he isnt a genius . He just saw the lack of comunication we had on the past 6 months and made a fast conclusion , i even thinked that no matter how the game would be nobody would play it , and i was wrong.

World edge should be more comunicative this year .

1 Like

this is indeed a problem with microsoft and it isnt a problem of age of empires , its a problem of ALL the microsoft games , MInecraft : they had to split the updates because they didnt had the time of finish them but this is RARE , really rare… Most of the time they dont do this and they publish unfinished stuff that is fixed the next few months

first of all , im not a native . i dont know what delusional means but if you want to know where the numers come from here it is :

Here you can find another source if you want so:

Benji-Sales on Twitter: “Steam Best Sellers Last Week - FH5 #1 before it officially launches - Top 2 game both Xbox Studios 1. Forza Horizon 5 2. Age of Empires IV 3. Elden Ring 4. New World 5. Forza Horizon 5 6. Age of Empires IV 7. Back 4 Blood 8. Football Manager 2022 9. Index 10. Lost Ark Platinum https://t.co/LPfZYsJ6qz” / Twitter

Currently or at least theb last time i checked they were playing less people bf 2042 than aoe4 and it was a best seller indeed , why does nobody play it anymore? BECAUSE IT WASNT THE GAME WE EXPECTED

And that is why aoe4 doesnt have 75k players rn

Also im refering about aoe4 being the best seller of STEAM its month and surpassing forza 5 in the top 25 new releases .

Keep that in mind.

AoE4 was never going to maintain 75k active players. Pretty much every game has a significant drop after the first month or so as people move on to different games, that’s how that cycle works. Most people play casually for a month or two and then hop to the next thing.

The question is how strong/stable the core competetive scene will remain in the end. That seems hard to tell and probably strongly depends on how the devs handle the coming months. I’m really crossing my fingers for a balance/bug patch on short-notice (at least this month).

2 Likes

yeah , but it was just an example to explain what i was saying , i completly agree on what you are saying though :slight_smile:

The top sellers thing is just pure nostalgia and there weren’t any big RTS release since coh2… People opened their eyes 1 month after… and the game is dripping players fast and not because it is a good game… Otherwise it will be getting more players…

3 Likes

delusional: characterized by or holding idiosyncratic beliefs or impressions that are contradicted by reality or rational argument

No, those are not numbers, “Platinum-tier 2021 Top New Releases” doesn’t mean ANYTHING, it means those game’s publishers paid the websites to mention their game in some marketing piece.

it’s just ridiculous to compare sales numbers to Battlefield 2042 with AOE4, as bad as BAttlefield2042 is, it still sold more than 4 million copies the FIRST WEEK. AOE4 could be boasting their sales even with 1/10 of that number.

the fact is, AOE4 sold horribly, I suspect the actual full price paid is less than 200K sold.

2 Likes

The positive reviews on Steam will say otherwise, people have so many more games to play these days compared to 20 years ago when AoE2 came out and also much more easy to install any game you want today as well.

Can’t really compare it.

2 Likes

So many better games you mean? I abandoned age IV and now I am playing coh2 and homeworld R… Some day I will install age IV again but probably game won’t change a lot.

There are many different kind of games that are just as good if not better but that doesn’t make AoEIV bad. It’s a great game but it can be greater with more content & updates of course.

You can dislike the game but it’s ridiculous to say AoEIV is like Warcraft 3 reforged or other stupid comparisons I’ve seen on this forum.

Is a great game? 1 month the after release with no ranked system, with gamebreaking bugs that were identified in beta, civs that you have only 1 viable chose of landmark, water maps unplayable, one of the worst UI ever made for an RTS ( I still have issues clicking things due to everything is same color ) etc…

Is an unfinished game.

3 Likes

Man tf are you saying? i even put you another source showing that the first month and the first week aoe4 did sold more than bf2042 and forza 5 , dude just shut up and dont bring to the conversation statements that are wrong

Definition of platinum tier : Games in the Platinum tier are in the top 12 MOST SOLD GAMES ON STEAM , with Gold-tier games accounting for ranks 13-24. Silver games are ranks 25 through 40 and bronze tier games account for ranks 41-100. These lists come from internal Valve data starting on Jan. 1, 2021 and ending Dec. 15, 2021 .

Its does mean A LOT and this proves you just dont know what you are talking about . Age of empires 4 sold a lot and the first week it mantained 73k players being one of the top 4 games played at the same time by different people of steam

lmao

note : this is an old photo 2 weeks later the launch of the game

Also just think and do some math . The game is sold at 60 euros meaning that 73k players make 4.380.000 euros , yeah 200k euros … pathetic maths dude
Captura de pantalla 2022-01-08 182135

2 Likes

Yes, it really is a great game. What game breaking bugs are you talking about? I know there are some balancing issues & other bugs but nothing that breaks the game. Perhaps you have another definition of what game breaking is?

I agree that we need an overhaul of the landmark system to make both choices more meaningful, again nothing game breaking.

Water maps aren’t unplayable, even with the issues at hand you just need to adapt and play differently compared to other maps, for example you must have early control over the water or it’s pretty difficult to get a come back later in the game. Can it become better? Absolutely but that will probably take time and we need to give them feedback on what doesn’t work or what could work better.

The UI doesn’t personally bother me, I think it’s alright a bit bland to look at but works just fine but this one is very subjective and not facts.

It’s by all means not an unfinished game, again look at Warcraft 3 reforged, BF2042 two good examples of what an unfinished game is.

Lmao thanks for calling out people just spouting random “facts” out of their head.

3 Likes

Jaja, what about prelates and demo ships? They can take an entire army or castles but no game is perfect of course . Ha ha

You reminded me back when Relic first released DOW2, the balance is so ■■■■■■ up, then after 10 months or so they completely overhaul ALL THE STATS OF EVERYTHING IN THE GAME!

What a nightmare that was.

2 Likes