Feels like the ship is already been abandoned

no problem , for me its almost like me job to do that haha , i cannot see how they humillate me with wrong statements or providing facts that are wrong just to make their statement better looking.

2 Likes

Dow3 was in top sellers for 2 weeks…

1 Like

LOL , true i remeber that but i think that it was because the first impresions were really good and they ended like ■■■■.

200K copies sold my dude. not the total amount of money.

The game isn’t without it’s flaws and balancing issues as we both have stated several times but that doesn’t mean it can’t get fixed and by all means this doesn’t make the game unfinished or game breaking again take a look at the two examples I gave earlier.

If you think that AoEIV is that kind of level unfinished, then you really need some new glasses or something because it’s night and day.

2 Likes

you seem to fail to understand Battlefield2042 sold 4 million copies in the first week and AOE4 maybe sold 150K to 200K so far.

ok we are doing the maths of that if you want.

60 x 200.000 = 12.000.000 EUROS

DO YOU REALLY THINK that its bad for a franchise that was dead for 15 years?

Also according to this :

aoe4 was the best seller of that week , NOT INCLUDING PRE-ORDER NUMBERS

It takes 2 places on the list , its obvious they sold more than 200k copies

2 Likes

And you did fail to understand maths and make a true statement , now see my post above and think to yourself the purposse of this topic.

IMO it is an unfinished product, it required a lot more testing before release, losing your entire army when crossing a river ( I which shouldn’t be ships by logic ) is not fun, HRE feels totally rushed, also they nerfing Delhi is just an example of the level of quality this game has… you are the one not seeing the facts.

Yeah 200K or even 400K is bad, it’s very bad because the franchise as a whole sold more than 25 million copies, AOE4 is still branded as AAA and cost the years and millions to make. it is supposed to be this huge hit to resurrection the RTS genre.

it is not.

Again, the game has balancing issues and bugs but none of those make it an unfinished game. Look at my earlier examples, if you can see properly you will notice what truly an unfinished game looks and plays like, there is no comparison here to be made.

Clearly you are unhappy with the state of the game, and I can respect and agree that there are things needed to be fixed, but to call AoEIV an unfinished product is just nonsense.

1 Like

Let me remind you that aom sold 1 million copies on its 16 years of life and aoe4 on this day probably had surpassed that number and by far , being the top seller for 2 weeks and having 73k simultaniously players , something that we had never seen on this franchise.

And its only ON STEAM , on gamepass the number doubles.

ITS NOT BAD , AND IT GAINED A LOT OF REVENUE

They didnt promise nothing , they did just make a new game , not a revolucionary game that was going to change the genre for ever . They did just promise to make an aoe game

Back 4 Blood actually sold well? How unusual

Left 4 Dead 2 has 3 times as many players, because it’s a much better game.

Actually, I was planning on buying Back 4 Blood before I did my research, and then I decided to look for something else and saw that a new AOE game was coming, so I bought AOE after the stress test lol

2 Likes

back 4 blood sold really well yes. But it doesnt have many players this day tbh

so where are the sales numbers? all games that earned “A LOT OF REVENUE” are usually boasting around with sales numbers to boost the company stock. where is AOE4’s?

1 Like

The numbers are private ofc , but i thibk i debunked this statement before , with all the images and soruces i did shared with you but you are still with the same thing , it doesnt work anymore dude , some companys want to have their privacy and tbh , age of empires 4 was a success in terms of sales , being one of the top best sellers of october , and still on the top on november , do you want more sources bro?

Also this is another trash point , where are the numbers of forza 5 , or the back 4 blood numbers? minecraft shared its numbers 6 years after the launch because who cared about those?

But anyway if you want to see how well it sold here are some sources :

steam top selling games: Age of Empires 4 becomes top seller on Steam, gets over 73,900 concurrent players during opening weekend - Times of India (indiatimes.com)

Age of Empires 4 tops Steam’s weekly bestsellers | PCGamesN

steam top selling games: Age of Empires 4 becomes top seller on Steam, gets over 73,900 concurrent players during opening weekend - Times of India (indiatimes.com)

? Forza Horizon 5 y AOE 4 arrasan en Game Pass, Steam y comunidad | Xbox Series – Microsoft – Semons - Video en contexto

The best selling Steam games, and most played games, of 2021 - Polygon

THE BEST OF STEAM 2O21

Lo mejor de Steam - 2021 (steampowered.com)

Steam sells games in different regions at different prices, usually more than 60% of the sales are made at 50% or more discount compare to dollars.

and Steam’s cut is what, 30%?

I would say AOE4 needs to at least sell 1 million copies to make it even.

1 Like

And now , im not responding back .

You dont have more fair points , by the results of the first week and how it was going the first month is fair to say that the game had a good launch and it was a success

yeah, don’t respond if you keep posting marketing pieces as some kind of proof that AOE4 sales numbers are above the company expectation.

it’s not.