Feitorias Nerf Suggestion

I don’t think the card needs a nerf in supremacy, but getting all the Feitorias in Treaty is too strong late game, since you get about two factories worth of trickle in addition to your two factories. So maybe they can set an upper limit for how many TC are affected by the card at one time. That would also fix the Brazil revolution from getting infinite Feitoria TCs.

I don’t think it should be counted that way just because ports are extremely weak without this card, it’s a must have for them and they are useless without it. It’s worth about 2 vills per tc in reality so with 4 that’s 8 villagers. Ports are so slow to get started and actually benefit from their civ bonus of additional tc’s without this card. If you FF you might have 6 vill equivalent by 8 minutes from this card and in this same time brit already has 50 villagers, dutch 5 banks, swede 20 torps, japan 20 shrines. I don’t think it’s too strong compared to any of those civs.

1 Like

Feitorias is the only card that makes ports playable right now. Before this, they had mediocre eco and mediocre army, that’s why anybody play them. Now they can compensate their mediocre army with good eco. You nerf feitorias and it will become a dead civ again.

And a dead civ is nothing but a design flaw. I understand the current situation of other dead civs, like hausa, ethiopia and inca, because they were very unbalanced from the beginning, and to prevent them from breaking the game entirely, devs urgently nerfed them to the point of oblivion. This will continue until devs have enough time to think proper buffs that restore those civs into healthy and balanced status.

But portuguese were dead for more than decade, they deserve this tiny buff.

Because, in the end, what is left for the ports to battle with? Just a longer range goon, a skirm with very low hitpoints, a longer range mortar and a funny piece of artillery that only trades well against heavy infantry

And if you complain about late ports with 13 tc’s, you are not aware of the amount of shipmemts it costs, and just for a little trickle, shipments that would worth more spend on economic or military buffs.

6 Likes

Before feitorias, ports were poorly designed because it was nonsense to be granted a tc for every age but not being able to use them because of lack of food, or having to send food crates or hunt buffs. Because even with those shipments food wasn’t enough to keep the tc’s working.

On the contrary, aztecs have very powerful army (the arrow knight and eagle runner knight combo still very powerful) but mediocre eco. And not many people complain about this. Because if you think it through, you just have to put pressure on them enough so they can’t boom the hell out of those ERK.

Ports do not have outstanding military units. You have to grant them a good eco.

3 Likes

Not sure its something that needs a direct nerf. For one, you need alot of tcs to get it going. If you really need to nerf sonething, maybe make it so that there a cap to how many tcs can be replaced so theyre more like actual factories - if dead, they gone.

Something like the extra covered wagons ports get per age and/or by shipment dont add to the tc build limit, or whatever.

1 Like

I should also mention that the medicine card which is in age 2 for other civilizations is somehow in age 3. What’s the point of having extra TCs if you can’t use them?

3 Likes

They don’t need to cap it, they also don’t need to limit the number of total TCs, and they certainly don’t need a separate method for treaty. All they need to do is make it not scale linearly!

Just have an exponent scale the rate something like this: T=t*n^(-e)
Where:
T = actual trickle rate (per Town Center)
t = base trickle rate (same as now at 1.5 resources total)
n = number of Town Centers
e = balancing exponent (I’d suggest something like 1/5)

All that’s needed to balance is to adjust the exponent. At e=1/5 and 12 TCs, you’d get ~11 resources per second instead of 18 like now. Make e smaller, and the returns wouldn’t diminish as much. At e=1/10 and 12 TCs, you’d get ~14 resources per second. Make e larger, and the returns would diminish more. At e=1/3 and 12 TCs, you’d get ~8 resources per second.

This would make it so it doesn’t get out of control even with unlimited TCs from the Brazilian revolution.

de donde sacaste los 18 de recurso por segundo? yo que sepa es algo menos, ya que los portugueses en imperial estan limitados solo a 12 TC´s asi que no pueden tener más de eso

0,60x12=7.2 de comida por segundo
0.30x12=3.6

Asi que si sumamos los 7.2 de comida y los 3.6 de madera y oro dan un total de 14.4 recursos por segundo ( no conte la xp por que en el juego tardio la xp se devalua, yo veo ese goteo de xp como una especie de reversión del nerf que le hicieron a los portos con el nerf de xp que daban los centros urbanos) tecnicamente los portugueses en el juego tardio tienen 2 fabricas más que los demas y encima se pueden reconstruir, a un muy elevado coste eso si

It gives a total of 1.5 resources per second including experience. So 1.5 x 12 = 18 resources per second. Just because experience doesn’t scale linearly doesn’t mean it’s negligible.

Screenshot (179)

Mmm yo simplemente lo veo como una especie de buff al nerf involuntario que le hicieron a los tc, antes daban 100 de xp al ser construidos y aora solo dan 50 asi que eso ahora atrasaba los envios de los portugueses.

Who the hell make 12 TCs? That’s 6k wood omg. If those resources were spent on army you can end the game right there. We are playing different games man. I play aoe3 you play city skylines.

1 Like

Idk, people playing treaty do all kinds of weird stuff. It’s an ~7 minute payback period so it seems like it could be a legitimate issue for 40 minute treaty.

I’m just suggesting scaling the trickle so a normal amount of TCs is largely unaffected and an insane number of TCs doesn’t get out of control. I just used 12 in my example because that’s apparently the most you can have. I’d never actually make that many because I don’t play treaty.

you only build 2 extra tcs since you get a wagon with every age up and 6 of the extra tcs comes with a wagon so you aren’t spending any wood, it cost xp but the feitorias tc grants a trickle anyway so it pays for the shipment.

again, not a problem in supremacy , its only really going to be a thing in treaty

its a good idea but I have no idea how they would do that ingame.

the trickle currently are tied to the individual tcs and non linear scaling implies a collective trickle

No need to be collective. Each individual TC could just produce slightly less for each additional TC built. It might be a little unintuitive when you click on a TC and see its rates lower than before but overall you’d still get more resources because you’d have more TCs.

I guess the other option would be to leave linear it and cut out one of their factory cards. Portugal was never very industrialized anyways.

Just add a penalty to the settler’s train time. EZ

Srop it, erase any thoughts of nerfing the card in your mind ports are incredibly weak even with it, this is just a way they can actually use their civilization bonus, something they couldn’t do before.

Since you can’t afford getting 2 tcs running and a token force against rushing in the early game. Not to mention their unit buffing cards are an age later than almost every other civs.

3 Likes

No it doesn’t
Especially in tg they’re busted now

1 Like

To the people saying that feitorias should be nerfed because op in treaty, im posting what was said about that by the best treaty content creator and streamer, and one of the best treaty players, Jaegerchere.

"The eco is fantastic but the units won’t do much. (…)

Their unit roaster is pretty versatile but master of none. You would think their skirmisher is good but those guys are just way to squishy. Dragooners are good but you rather want to use musks for that role.

Pretty effective when you can fight behind walls tho"

So, just keep insisting on nerfing it and you’ll see a dead civ again.

5 Likes

What I’m suggesting would have no bearing whatsoever on the early game. It would just cause the bonus to drop off as you get a ridiculous number of TCs. Having the rate reduce as you increase the number of TCs could let the base rate be buffed to be even more beneficial for when you have only one or two TCs.

I did a TONNE of maths on this before it got released. I was enjoying the Brazil revolution before anyone posted it on the forums. I mained Portugal since TWC and went back to it after they wrecked the Ranger play on Britain for the Cassadores.

Age 1, Feitorias is roughly equal to 2 and a bit vils.
Age 2, it’s equal to around less than 4. (2 TC’s, but market upgrades making vils more effective reduces the comparison down a bit.) (Germany for example gets a 4 vil card in age 1 (settler wagons) already and nobody’s panicking.)
Age 3, it’s equal to maybe 5 vils. Give or take.

Is it a good card? Yes. But it takes until Age 3 before it starts to be better than the original 3 vils another civ could call in. Kinda.

Is it OP if you send Donatarios and the 1 TC wagon and the 2 TC wagon, then go imperial and do it all again? In my opinion, no. Let’s compare it to factories instead from this point forwards.

Fully upgraded factory: 7.15 resources/s
Portuguese TC: 1.5 resources/s
(0.6 Food, 0.3 Wood, 0.3 Coin, 0.3 XP)

1 factory is better than 4 TC’s for resource production and can also make heavy cannons with engineering school on Portugal which is excellent. 1 factory is significantly better as it can be configured to produce wood exclusively, which if you rejig your economy around it, actually puts that factory as equivalent to about 5 and a half TC’s.

To actually HAVE 12 TC’s (the theoretical maximum (Portugal doesn’t get a free covered wagon for Imperial age)) you have to spend 1,000 wood and FIVE shipments, two of which MUST be done before imperial delaying that uptime and two of which cannot be sent until after. This is theoretically possible. This is not practically possible in a game where someone is actually trying to kill you.

Sending all these cards nets you a lower villager pop economy though, right? So you can have more military units? Yes, sure. But you could have a better economy with the same villager pop if you send economic theory, refrigeration, royal mint, cigar roller and sustainable agriculture. You can also achieve this better economy earlier and without having to do silly games with your imperial time.

This is presuming you DON’T send these cards on a Feitoria build, as sending 10 econ cards is just utterly unreasonable, especially since half those cards only buff 2/3rds of your economy (the vils) while the other half only buff 1/3rd of it (the trickles).

Feitorias doesn’t hit the breakpoint of being unbalanced until you do a Brazil revolution where your opponent doesn’t counterattack you if they win the initial engagement. If this was the thing people wanted nerfed I could see the argument for it, although I really like this as it is and I’ll be pretty devastated if it gets removed as it’s not really PvP-viable anyway. At least not vs a competent opponent.

TLDR: Feitorias is weaker than comparable civs economic options, but insignificantly so. The card shouldn’t be included in a fishboom deck on Portugal for example and probably isn’t worth it if you can secure 4+ TP’s early game. However, it gives Portugal a viable option to play a land map without TP’s early for the first time in AoE3’s history.

6 Likes