Feitorias Nerf Suggestion

What about if feitorias have to be spread from other TC to be max potential?? This way rewards map control in some way while penalizes treaty since the restricted area to put 12 TC inside.

It would have historic sense, other option could be that TC are boosted if next to native trading posts like Hausa universities

Why bother? it’s not overpowered as-is and perfectly solves the Portuguese lack of an answer in the scenario there’s no TP’s/fish.

3 Likes

I played a bunch of sup, EW and vs offline expert AI (which has gotten quite good actually) games as ports to gather as much data on the issue.
Here’s my conclusions:

1. Ports really need feitories to survive the early game.
  2. In the late game (treaty basically, even vs AI you will have a hard time spending the 5 cards), having 12 TCs might qualify as a bit of an issue, but I don’t think ports are necessearly now the best late game macro. My sugestion here, if this turns out to be a problem, is to prevent the covered wagon cards from being resent in the imperial age. This will cap them at 9 TCs.

At the moment, I don’t think Feitorias are a problem. Ports early game is still very difficult. Given assymetrical balance, their late game should be stronger.

2 Likes

Many people fear that brasilian revolution is out of control with Feitorias card. On the paper, infinite TC and Feitorias can be impressive. But don’t forget you have age 4 eco and no imperial units.
Jaguncio, the special « cow boy » units is like a weak 1 pop lakota fusiller, which deal decent dmg vs hevy infantry and heavy cavalery, but get obliterate bu skirmishers and dragoon, du to his tags and his mele resist. Volontario da patria are extremely weak revolutionaries (150 hp full upgrade) and are slowely and freely train in TC.
When the game last for long, you can rely on Feitorias but at what cost? 80 TC need insanely huge amount of place, and give 2500 food/sec and 1500 gold and wood/sec
Not enought to delete all villagers and have 200 military pop. Volontarios keeps spawning everywhere and flood your pop, preventing you to make other units, unless you disable their producing in each TC, which is horrible to micro.
Make mortars and destroy brasilian TC, 1 explo rebuild TC very slow.

2 Likes

Exactly.

Initial push on Brazil is unremarkable but solid.
Follow-up is top tier since when the first set of units start dying, you’re getting insta-spawned new units.

Then there’s this big gap, where unless you have stockpiled resources or an absentee enemy, you lose.

Then the TC spam really starts kicking in. At around 20-25 TC’s, you can have a really solid army of the lancer-dragoons, free cannonfodder and artillery. If your opponent went Imperial in this space of time and repulsed your initial push though, this game certainly isn’t over in your favour yet.

25+ TC’s and you have infinite cannonfodder but you can’t replace nor use any other units. A mass of imperial skirms and some mortars is going to send you right back to 20-25 TC’s.

Is it strong? Certainly. But if you do it too early, you’re going up without the opportunity to send all the cards which benefit the revolution (Infantry HP, Jinetes, Rangefinding, Factories, Advanced Arsenal, etc). If you do it too late, you’re facing an imperial enemy with Industrial units. Plenty of things in this game are strong, why shouldn’t Portugal have some of them?

2 Likes

I am guessing this can still be a problem in treaty team games, where you have your team mates cover for your weaknesses.
But atm there just isn’t enough data. This can happen, hypothetically. But I don’t think it is worth nerfing an entire civ just for this.

And if it turns out this way, it would be easy to make the TCs in brazilian revolution to generate 1/2 of the resources generated by non brazilian TC.

In a treaty team game, a mass of Industrial units in an Imperial world are even less scary than they are in a conventional game.

I’ll concede if you had a 60+ min treaty, you could maybe maybe work toward a 100 TC player who slings everybody else though while throwing some cannonfodder into the grinder. I think that could be OP if you could have the game go long enough to get it rolling. Maybe.

I don’t even see why it’s a problem for a very late game or in treaty. Brasilian units can be easily countered.
200 volontarios da patria, even respawing everytime can be destroyed by skirm, mortars and culevrins. 80 TC need 1h20 to be placed, juste bomb them from far range and progress with method.

1 Like

Perfect explanation to why it’s not OP right here.

Brazilian revolution ends up being like south african rev, with its units getting stronger over time. And I don’t see anyone complaining on that specific rev.

Hasta que al fin alguien lo dijo! esa rev literal te puede hacer tener cañones de campaña de 4ta con mas de 500 de hp haciendolos inmatables y con una velocidad de infanteria, en cambio la eco portuguesa si bien es buena en juego tardia sus unidades no lo son. tienen alabarderos, piqueros y guerrilleros funcionales y su artilleria es normal tirando a mala, y su caballeria deja que desear (el hĂșsar mas que nada) si bien el dragĂłn es bueno por si solo no gana nada, ademas si quieren quitar el tc adicional de 5ta que se lo hagan a todas las civilizaciones entonces, tanto nerf que le piden a portugal cuando desde el lanzamiento del DE que estubo en un c bajo e incluso en D sin salir de alli nunca

yes feitorias is not the problem,too many tcs are.

I honestly wouldn’t change anything, I don’t think Feitorias will cause any problems and I don’t think the Portuguese should be nerfed either.

5 Likes