Filthydelphia's AoE:DE Campaign Collection

Hey guys, wanted to make a place to discuss my custom campaigns for AoE:DE similar to the thread I set up for AoE2:DE and answer any questions you have.

You can check out each of my custom scenarios in the links below or by searching for “PhillySouljah” via this website’s mod page.

Hope you enjoy them!

The Story of Exodus
This is the story of Exodus: how a people returned to their faith, were freed from bondage, and formed a nation in a promised land. It is the story of Joseph, who saved Egypt from famine; of Moses, who liberated his people from slavery; and of Joshua, the conqueror who delivered a land for his people. The struggles and triumphs of these men would be remembered for millennia and give strength to untold generations. This is their story…

Dawn of Carthage
Dido, the would-be Queen of Tyre, has been forced from her city by her jealous brother. She ventures west, to lands once visited by the Phoenician god Melqart, to build a new city – a ‘carthage’ – where she will rule as queen.

After the Flood
The Anunnaki, gods of the sky and earth, sent forth a great flood to wash away the cities of Sumer. In time, these waters receded and the people once again populated the earth. From the blackened soil arose new cities: Kish, Uruk, Lagash, and Eridu. As King of Kish, defend against Akkadian raids, defeat your rivals, and build a Mesopotamian empire.

Alexander in Bactria
King Darius is dead but Alexander’s conquest of Persia is not complete. The Persian general Bessus, murderer of the Persian king, incites rebellion in the eastern satrapies of Bactria and Sogdia. Alexander marches onward into these harsh lands that would one day be called 'the graveyard of empires.
In this 3-scenario campaign, pursue a regicidal Persian general, battle the Scythians, and fight along the crags of Sogdian Rock.

Alexander in India
With Persia conquered, Alexander looked eastward to the lands of India, said to have been conquered by the god Dionysus in primal times. Although the Macedonian king had lost many men in his previous conquests, Alexander’s adventure in India would prove the most dangerous. India would take most of his army and perhaps even cost him his own life.
In this 3-scenario campaign, fight Porus on the banks of Hydaspes, battle the Mallians down the Indus River, and go on a journey through a hostile river delta with Nearchus.

Uprising of the Five Barbarians
In the 4th century AD, the Jin dynasty was in turmoil. Ruled by a weak Emperor, China was torn apart by jealous and ambitious princes competing for power and influence. Into this fractured empire came the Five Barbarians, fearsome tribes from the northern steppes. While the Goths and Vandals toppled Rome on the other side of the world, the Five Barbarians would make their mark on history by conquering the Middle Kingdom.
In Uprising of the Five Barbarians, play across three short scenarios that bring the fall of an empire to life!

Phoenician Dawn
The Bronze Age is over. The relentless tide of raiders called the Sea Peoples have swept over the old empires, leaving ruin in their wake. Into the void comes a multitude of new peoples fated to ascend to new and greater heights. Among them are the Phoenicians, fishermen and merchants who ply their trade over the waters of the Mediterranean. Lead the Phoenicians and build a trading empire to begin a new dawn of civilization.

Hanno and the African Voyage
Sometime in the 6th century BCE, a Carthaginian crew passed through the Pillars of Herakles and down the West African coast. Led by a man named Hanno, the expedition would travel further than any Carthaginians had gone before. Their feat would not be matched until the Portuguese explorers some two millennia later. As Hanno, take charge of this voyage, fight savage tribes, and return to Carthage laden with the riches of Africa!

About the Author

Filthydelphia (xbox: PhillySouljah) is the award-winning designer of historical custom campaigns and official content for the Age of Empires franchise. Formerly part of the Forgotten Empires campaign team, his works include the Portuguese, Burmese, Bulgarian, Italian, Indian, and Sicilian campaigns featured in Age of Empires II: Definitive Edition as well as several campaigns in Age of Empires: Definitive Edition. He also worked on Age of Empires III: Definitive Edition. Outside of Age of Empires, he is a captain in the United States Marine Corps Reserve and has an M.B.A. from the University of Chicago Booth School of Business. After leaving Forgotten Empires, he accepted a position with a major video game publisher.

Official Credits:
Age of Empires II: Definitive Edition
Francisco de Almeida
Bayinnaung
Ivaylo
Francesco Sforza
Prithviraj
The Hautevilles
Art of War (Booming)

Age of Empires: Definitive Edition
Yamato, Empire of the Rising Sun
Reign of the Hittites
First Punic War
Rise of Rome
Enemies of Rome
Glory of Greece (scenarios 5, 7, 8)

Age of Empires III: Definitive Edition
Raid on the Caribbean (with other designers)
Christopher da Gama’s Expedition (with other designers)

9 Likes

Hi. I really appreciate all the efforts in making this pack a reality, and I’ve been wondering, would it be possible for all these campaigns to be implemented officially into the game?

I see much potential in these campaigns, and with some changes, additions and maybe added details, this could make for a good official DLC for the game.

I await for your answer. Thanks! :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Those campaigns can be downloaded for free, already! They are really good and challenging.

1 Like

Man, your campaigns are wild!

I have completed After the Flood and Phoenician Dawn for now. Both really challenging as hell on Moderate difficulty.
On the first, enemies beyond the player’s tech level and starting base defences attack early and harsh. Easy to get overwhelmed.
On the second, the enemy boats constantly harassing my villagers on the shore were a pain in that place lol

It’s great to finally have the presence of a FE dev among us! The community for Age of Empires: DE are long waiting for some news about the game.
Are you guys planning some sort of great update for this game of the likes Age II: DE have had recently? Can we hope for more of the many features we have proposed in this forum been implemented in the game on the short term? A DLC, perhaps? Please, send us good news :blush:

Thanks for your attention!

4 Likes

any chance you can nerf the 2nd Alexander in Bactria scenario its just way to hard

1 Like