Freeze then Crash to Desktop during ranked team game (battleserver.exe)

:arrow_forward: GAME INFORMATION

• BUILD #: 101.101.43210.0 5867313
  • PLATFORM: Steam

:arrow_forward: ISSUE EXPERIENCED

:question: DESCRIBE THE ISSUE IN DETAIL (below). Limit to ONE issue per thread.

During a ranked 4v4 team random map game, I have an application that monitors when any executable application change version, I got a notification that the file battleserver.exe file has been changed then the game froze. after less than 20 seconds of freezing, the screen turned black then the game crashed with no error messages.

Is that file supposed to change/update while the game is running? also is it supposed to be unsigned?, other executable files are signed by Microsoft Corporation.

The MD5 of the file I have is this: C860171F7E0490DC3B6D3601ED2082A3
(can someone confirm if this is correct?)

I also ran a steam “verify game files” and nothing changed once it was done, it said all files are okay.

:arrow_forward: FREQUENCY OF ISSUE

:question: How often does the issue occur? CHOSE ONE; DELETE THE REST.

• Less than 25% of the time / matches I play (RARELY)

This is the first and only time this happened to me.

:arrow_forward: REPRODUCTION STEPS

:question: List the DETAILED STEPS we can take to reproduce the issue… Be descriptive!

Here’s the steps to reproduce the issue:

1. During ongoing multiplayer game (mine was a 4v4 ranked game)
  2. battleserver.exe updates or changes somehow.
  3. Freeze then crash to desktop after a few seconds.

:arrow_forward: GAME FILES

:question: Include a OneDrive or Google Drive link to a SAVE GAME or REPLAY FILE (.aoe2record) of the match where you encountered the issue.

:arrow_forward: IMAGE & ATTACHMENTS

:question: Attach a relevant PICTURE (.jpg, .png, .gif), VIDEO (.mp4, YouTube), DXDIAG FILE (.txt), or CRASH/GAME LOGS (.aoe2record, .txt) below.

The AoE2DE_s.mdmp is empty after the crash 0 bytes
No log was generated in the logs directory (that’s inside the ‘windows user’/games/aoe2de directory), the last log is from the day before.