Freezing in multiplayer without hard crash, or direct disconnect. Cannot reenter queue without rebooting game

:arrow_forward: GAME INFORMATION

• BUILD #: Current – 101.101.41855.0 5711357
  • PLATFORM: Steam

:arrow_forward: ISSUE EXPERIENCED

:question: DESCRIBE THE ISSUE IN DETAIL (below). Limit to ONE issue per thread.

In the past week, or so I have been experiencing a light crash. During multiplayer regardless of 1v1, or team games, I can play for an X amount of time (there does not appear to be a specific amount) until the game freezes just like within a pause, however, I can move the camera around and click units. The game appears to be functional, but I have disconnected from the game without crashing to the main menu, or desktop. I can use the menu, and resign, or quit the game. The end game lobby appears functional as well, but I am definitely not connected. I can enter the ranked multiplayer queue again, and everything seems normal, however, after a random amount of time it will tell me that I am disconnected from the multiplayer server. There is no way to reconnect, so I reboot the game. The problem is fixed after a reboot. I have checked network settings, and various hardware components. My setup is completely fine, and packets are indeed flowing. I have ports and firewall open for the game as well. I entered into the beta to receive log files, and documented an incident. I will respond to the thread when I document more.

:arrow_forward: FREQUENCY OF ISSUE

:question: How often does the issue occur? CHOSE ONE; DELETE THE REST.

• 50% of the time / matches I play (FREQUENTLY)

:arrow_forward: REPRODUCTION STEPS

:question: List the DETAILED STEPS we can take to reproduce the issue… Be descriptive!

There does not appear to be any reproducible steps. It is random.

:arrow_forward: GAME FILES

:question: Include a OneDrive or Google Drive link to a SAVE GAME or REPLAY FILE (.aoe2record) of the match where you encountered the issue.

1v1 Match

Hey there! For your crash, please reach out to our support team for assistance, as they will be able to work with you to collect information and find solutions for the issue at hand:

Be sure to include all of the information and the logs you generated, as these will be helpful as they work through the problem.

Thank you!