French villagers only have men

:arrow_forward: GAME INFORMATION

• BUILD #: ######
  • PLATFORM: Steam

:arrow_forward: ISSUE EXPERIENCED

:question: DESCRIBE THE ISSUE IN DETAIL (below). Limit to ONE issue per thread.

How can a group of men reproduce offspring?

:arrow_forward: FREQUENCY OF ISSUE

:question: How often does the issue occur? CHOSE ONE; DELETE THE REST.

• 100% of the time / matches I play (ALWAYS)

:arrow_forward: REPRODUCTION STEPS

:question: List the DETAILED STEPS we can take to reproduce the issue… Be descriptive!

Here’s the steps to reproduce the issue:

1. Choose French production villagers

:arrow_forward: EXPECTED RESULT

:question: What was supposed to happen if the bug you encountered were not present?
New unit production

:arrow_forward: ACTUAL RESULT

:question: What actually happened (what went wrong) because of the issue you’re reporting?

:arrow_forward: GAME FILES

:question: Include a OneDrive or Google Drive link to a SAVE GAME or REPLAY FILE (.aoe2record) of the match where you encountered the issue.

:arrow_forward: IMAGE & ATTACHMENTS

:question: Attach a relevant PICTURE (.jpg, .png, .gif), VIDEO (.mp4, YouTube), DXDIAG FILE (.txt), or CRASH/GAME LOGS (.aoe2record, .txt) below.

Although is not a bug, DE should had added female CDB, and a unique skins for Cree CDB

1 Like

Well coureur de bois weren’t an exact parallel to settlers of other nations, they were independent traders who travelled to the new world to make a living trading with the natives for furs. I’m pretty sure all of them were men, and it was common for them to marry native women due to the lack of european woman in the new world at the time, and the nature of their work (they would have spent most of their time travelling the new world and meeting/trading with the native peoples instead other europeans). The reason why CDB are more efficient than settlers in game is because CDB in real life were significantly more rugged than regular settlers.

1 Like

And the economic success of the french fur traders where entirely dependent on the local women they married and I think it is unfair to neglect their historical role by excluding them from the game. Wikipedia has an illuminating article dealing with the the subject: [https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marriage_à_la_façon_du_pays]