Game civilitzations

Una opción razonable sería agregar a los españoles, alguna civilización de medio oriente como los sarracenos, los franceses es casi seguro, y si llegaran a tener en cuenta a américa, podría incluir a los incas o a los aztecas

1 Like

why you call civili"t"zation is there any joke that i didn’t understand?

And if you call civilizations. I mean i would love to see more than AoE 2 because more nations means more culture, artifacts, different warriors. But more important to me is my nation. Turks. And Turks are changed the whole era after conquered Constantinople and make it Istanbul. We always deserved to be in a game named “Age of Empires” for my opinion. Why not for Age of Empires 4?

the windows central website said there will be 8 of them at launch

I’m gonna wait for Portugal, some awesome Naus, and Afonso de Albuquerque Campaigns.
That’s my wishlist.

The reason that the French are not confirmed is that it would be a derivative of the European civilization and won’t be that different from English. So the difference between English<-> French wouldn’t be that great let’s say when you compare the English<–> Chinese.

That being said I think the 8 civilizations will be the template for all other civilizations so for example Huns will be derived from the Mongols template while Persians might be derived from the Caliphate template.

So we are actually missing templates for Arabian/Middleastern civilizations.Being a Turk myself I would love to see them in the game but I don’t think that will happen within the first launch. Not because of their impact on the history scene but they are a bit of a mix of European/middle eastern/Mongolian civilizations so it will eventually come from a mixing of cultures so >>>Future DLC. Same as for french and Spanish which will use the English template. Koreans and Japanese will use the Chinese far east template. I hope Persians don’t get too close to Caliphate.

So considering the templates we need we will have mesoamerican civilizations(Aztec Mayans), a Nordic European cold climateTemplate(Vikings/Rus), a middle eastern template(Saracens with camels), and probably an African one(that will be a surprise on my part) or a roman empire one(Byzantium)

The remaining civilizations won’t be based on their impact but on the merit of being skeletons to build the other civilizations upon.

5 Likes

A south european…italy spain portugal as well

3 Likes

I think they will add aztecs and spanish in a dlc, so we will have to wait, probably

1 Like

There will be 8.

I also heard from the devs two things: they went to Turkey for voice recordings, which could mean either a Turkish faction or they recorded Turkish dialects as a modern form of Turkic/Mongolian for that faction (the taunts will change as you age up).

Also, they mentioned architecture from Norman/Viking/English historically starting out similar and becoming more different over time. Whether that’s just an example or a hint at a Viking/Norman faction is unclear.

Personally I think they’ll look across the globe, meaning one Middle Eastern faction, one of the two European emperors (Byzantine or Holy Roman) and an American and/or African one.

3 Likes

They said that the 8 civs would be mostly from Europe and Asia. So my predictions are:

English
Mongols
India
Chinese
Vikings
French
Middle Eastern (Saracens?)
Japanese

1 Like

In fact, I would very much like to see, in addition to Japan, representatives of Eastern Europe like Kievan Rus or Poland. Not enough attention is paid to the Slavs.

4 Likes

Hello

Germans and Russians must not be missed.
Indeed, Indians should definitely be there.
And let’s not forget an African nation

1 Like

If they’re adding the English and the French then they must include Germany as well (Teutons). But then that’s 3 civs with very similar European visuals, as someone has already said.

There was also word about Vikings in a voiceover during the trailer.
Would love to see another Asian nation like the Bulgarians for example, simply because of their architecture.
Perhaps Aztecs or Mayans make a comeback for the same reason :grin:

1 Like

I wouldn’t count on Vikings, Byzantines or Japanese.

Teutons/ Germans, Rus and Arab civ will most likely be the remaining three after the Franks.

4 Likes

I doubt germans and russians…sarracens viking and franks are my bet. Fourth one
Probably bizantines/turks.

1 Like

That doesn’t make any sense. Britons are already going to be in a campaign with the Franks. Vikings stick out too much and technically aren’t an Empire which the devs have said they’re really focusing on Empires in this game. Arab civ will compete with Delhi Sultanate. Rus and Germans will be another campaign. Mongols vs Chinese will be the fourth campaign.

Byzantine and Ottomans will likely be a DLC, Vikings will be also.

3 Likes

I’m not sure if they will add Saracens.
It’s interesting that they added India directly as a Sultanate… perhaps this means they are supposed to represent both Indians and Muslims collectively for the release lunch.

I think with only 8 civs, there will be definitely important civilizations left behind.
Either the Vikings, or the Spanish, Aztecs, Japanese, HRE, Turks, Byzantines, France… some important powers will be left out.

2 Likes

I don’t think that, Delhi Sultanate will never represent Saracens this will be a wrong decision and not historically accurate as they keep saying.

4 Likes

aztecs and incas sound good for dlc

2 Likes

I know it’s not accurate, but with only 8 civs available, and 4 already taken… I really see it coming.

1 Like