Game civilitzations

I hope they add russians (slavs)
:ru::ru::ru:

1 Like

As I said in previous comments Saracens/Arabians are very importants for various reasons I will list some of them again:
1- They are unique Culture which suits the Asymatric design.(They will add Camels - Desert environments - Middle eastern Architecture … ect)
2- They are one of the most important Civs in middle ages and they engaged with most if not all the other important Civs which is very good for the campaign and the historical accuracy
3- Crusade is one of the most popular events in middle ages and one of the most requested by fans and it will not be possible without Saracens.
4- Saracens are way more important to be implemented at launch than Japanese and Vikings especially more important than Japanese since we already have Chinese and Mongols adding third Asian civ at launch does not look that interesting since there are more important and diverse Civs to be Implemented like Saracens, Russians,France and Byzantines.

5 Likes

We have info only about 5 out of 8 civs so far:
1 English
2 Delhi Sultanat ( Indians )
3 Mongols
4 Chinese
5 Normans

In one of the interviews the devs state they shortlisted 21 civilizations and picked first 8 from that list. Some of the others were put on hold for future inclusion.

I think it will all come down to the campaigns. It could be we’ll see some more Indian/Central Asian civs if the campaigns focus on Mongol conquests in that region (sack of Baghdad, Timur etc). The Delhi Sultanate is just an odd choice if there’s not going to be either a Mongol campaign going there or another civilization in India with another campaign storyline.

Also, like I said earlier, not having at least one of the two Emperors in Europe (Byzantine or Teutonic) would seem strange as they were hugely influential. Most European and Islamic empires were just copies of the Roman Empire (with the Turks even claiming to be it’s successor) for christ sake.

2 Likes

There will be 8 civs during the release.
1- England
2- Mongols
3- Vikings
4- Chinese
5- Delhi Sultanate
6- Franks (Europeans civs most likely)
7- unknown civ (most likely African to balance)
8- Unknown civ (Most likely Middle Eastern Civ like Mamelukes)

They stated the civs are assymetric and is difficult to balance. Therefore, it will take a lot of time to balance units. So it is most likely, DLCs or some free add-ons would add civs in the future.

?? Russians and germans and germans are nor relevant powers in this historic period…actually, the Franks and Charlemagne could sort of include part of the early german empire. Russia was part of the mongol empire for a good period of time. Vikings, on the other hand, are a very diferent culture. Samething with an arabic califate…i mean… Personally russian woudlnt even be in an early expansion…castille or the mesoamerican empires, or the ottoman empire/bizantine empire/turks should be there before

5 Likes

they didn’t confirmed them as civ, they just said they will have their campaign and by the looks of it they use the english units from the fan preview trailer and event.

4 Likes

at 3:18 in the fan preview there is a scene showing some mountain tops and ocean body, on it are the orange outlines of what looks like viking longboats.

So likely vikings/normans are a civ.

3 Likes

My guess thats in the campaign. So it might be an early briton ship, inspired in the saxoons. Anyhow, I hope norsemen are in the game.

2 Likes

By your logic, so too would the Delhi Sultanate but it’s already been revealed. These devs are going for varieties. Again, this is all speculative but there was a leak from a German source and Vikings aren’t one of the 8.

Perhaps good to mention as well is that they’re focusing on the period 900-1550.

That seems to rule out the later Ottomans, for example, or earlier ones such as the Goths.

2 Likes

Had no clue about it. Thats unfortunate. I guess they might include bizantines, a claifate (damascus/cairo), france… The last one maybe japan? HRE?

1 Like

We have to wait for new information, I hope that they will reveal it every week.

1 Like

I agree it’s not what I would have wanted tbh. I need at least one mediterranean civ. We get Franks, Britons, Germans and Rus. That’s practically four north European civs which is just meh.

You’re in AOE2 and AOE3

I would like to see Aztecs/Mayans added in a future expansion just because in AOE2 it’s very cool how they have no horse units and I’d like to see a 0 cavalry civ in AOE4’s graphics and gameplay.

1 Like

I hope they include them, in AOE2 they were present since the first official expansion

I doubt we get rus. Would make no sense. I insist…their gameplay does no difer much from the mongols…

Rus will probably look and play similar to vikings