Game crashed my PC with Windows not working properly since

Is this issue fixed with the steam hotfix 5025 from tonight?

2 Likes

I am Wondering that too, can we get confirmation pls?

1 Like

What version? Is 4087 from Microsoft Store/Windows 10 affected?

come on just take back hotfix 4087.
that fix is horrible.
all disaster comes from that patch.
My main issue,game option cant be saved,is since that patch also.By far they have not mentioned it even once

This is the description for patch 5025 on Steam:

Todayā€™s hotfix has been pushed to Steam users !!as quickly as possible!! in an effort to patch a memory leak specific to the Steam version of the game.

• Fixed a potential memory leak that could result in a crash and, in extremely rare cases when using certain mods, corrupt local, game-specific player profile files on Steam.
  • Fixed a crash that could occur in The Siege of Osaka Story Mode Mission.

Iā€™d make a hypothesis:

• The first bug causes the corruption of local files on disk related to Steam profile, which are in C:\Users.
  • C:\Users directory is used also for storing user files needed by Windows for working, including desktop icons, which, based on the issue description, disappear after the crash.
  • Then, if C:\Users directory is corrupted by game crash, its content is gone.
  • The fix has been pushed to Steam users as quickly as possible, so it addresses a very urgent issue.

Based on this, the answer could be yes, the issue is gone with patch 5025 on Steam. Perhaps.

1 Like

What are you talking about, that petition did nothing. They went back to fix the Lure bug because the game was unplayable online lol. The other changes they put were from the workshop, and did some fixes for other bugs. They were not obligated to touch aomee after the fiasco of totd, yet they had aom modders in that team that wanted to send aomee in discontinuation territory like aoe2hd with one last patch.

Well it says ā€œgame-specific player profileā€. Nothing about the problem that the whole C:\Users files are gone. Including personal data like images or the ā€œdesktopā€ā€¦

1 Like

Yes, but the description says ā€œcorruptā€, not simply ā€œdeleteā€. They surely refer to a disk corruption, and, in that case, the entire directory could be gone.

i would really like to know if it is safe to play or notā€¦ the original aoe 3 grilled to of my dads mac comquter. must be some kind of traditionā€¦

2 Likes

Devs is this game safe to play or not? description in last hotfix leaves us guessing what the hotfix actually was for and we need to know. Frankly this is not good enough at the moment!

16 Likes

Hi,
Is there really no answer to the question realated to if it is safe to play the game now? There are people in the lobby, are they gamling, or can we also play it? A bit boring playing AOE3 TAD.

Iā€™m running the latest Microsoft Store version, problem seems not to occur.

you cant say thatā€¦ only because it hasnā€™t happen to you until now doesnā€™t mean they fixed it.

We need an official statement of the developersā€¦ until then the game is not safe to play and everyone is at their own risk doing so

Absolutely right, so Iā€™ll be more exact: Iā€™m running the 100.12.4087.0 Microsoft Store version, problem did not occur to me by now.

1 Like

just making sure that people not just read the last post and misinterpret your words and launch it :slight_smile:

Hi,
Did anyone report the issue after the latest patch?
Would be nice to know when the next big patch from MS comes this week as I believe many people are now waiting for a confirmation hereā€¦

No one has reported it yet

This is a masterclass in how to fail in nearly every way possible.

This game is destroying private user data, it took a day for Microsoft to say ā€œcontact supportā€ and has ignored the community for 3 days now. As nothing more has been offered and communication is nearly non-existent, the community is left to decipher whether the latest bizarrely worded patch is actually related to this issue or if the issue persists.

Iā€™m not sure how Microsoft could possibly be handling this worse, but weā€™ll all stay tuned.

In the meantime, be transparent and provide more information. While it may not be typical, itā€™s also not typical for a video game from a AAA company to destroy personal property and cause hours of frustration for the customers.

Based off your data, what percentage of the userbase do you believe has experienced this bug? What are you doing to fix this? When will a fix be available? How will we know the fix actually works?

Respond to your customers and start with answers to the questions above.

11 Likes

Bump! Iā€™m on alienware so Iā€™m not experiencing this problem.

I have to say the lack of communication bothers me as well.
I get there are considerations of potential liability mixed into this ā€œcommunication strategyā€ - but you are hurting the popularity of this game, the loyalty of its players and your reputation.

All of this makes me a sad badgerā€¦

6 Likes